With Neverwinter Mod 15, Heart of Fire, comes a big update to the profession system. Come back for a updated guide soon!
Profession leveling in Neverwinter is quite a slow ordeal, especially if you are leveling the profession that most people will want to level, Leadership. But there are some tips that you can use to level up your professions faster.
General Profession Leveling Tips
- Occasionally Cryptic will host x2 Profession XP events, so keep an eye out in the in-game calendar.
- Having better assets will cut down on your time, but can be expensive.
- The most efficient way to get to max level in Leadership and unlocking all the slots is to level either leatherworking, platesmithing, mailsmithing or tailoring to 20. Then using one slot to level Alchemy to 20 while you level Leadership.
- While you are actively playing, it is usually best to do fast tasks that award a moderate or high amount of XP. But if you are leaving and are planning to stay AFK for a few hours, doing a long duration, high XP task is best.
- Black Ice Shaping is leveled in the Icewind Dale campaign and is not covered here.
Unlocking Profession Slots
There are 9 available Professions slots that you can use for your tasks. When leveling, having as many as possible unlocked is a plus. Three of these slots will be unlocked by normal leveling. The next three are updated when you level a profession to level 3, 10 and 20.