Welcome to our Neverwinter Leveling Guide! Leveling in Neverwinter is relatively quick and easy. You will mostly be following the glowing sparks that show you the next quest objective so you don’t waste much time figuring out where to go. This guide has been updated in 2018, and is up to date with module 12, The Swords of Chult.
Before we start with the actual Neverwinter Leveling Guide we will go over some general leveling tips.
Neverwinter Leveling Guide Index
Gear and Items:
- Put Azure Enchantments in every utility slot you have for bonus XP gain. Get atleast rank 5, these only cost around 200AD and boost your XP gain by 7.5% each. I usually go with the rank 7’s, at rank 8 they become a lot more expensive.
- Mounts increase runspeed which helps with leveling speed, but you can also get Insignias of Prosperity from the Auction House that you can equip to your mount that give bonus XP. You will want mounts with regal, enlightened and universal slots, and slot the with Prosperity Insignias. You can get cheaps mounts for gold or on the AH, or from events.
- Inscribed Garments can be purchased from the Zen Market and will give you 20% extra XP.
- Ensorcelled Items and other scaling can be bought on the AH. This is powerful equipment that scales with your level and can be used at any level! A full list of scaling gear can be found here. I am usually not bothered with much gear as levelling is so fast anyway.
- Get a companion at level 16. Companions are a really important aspect of Neverwinter. Companions come in different types like Healers, DPS and Tanks. Get one that complements your class and playstyle and they will really help you out. If you can, get a epic quality companion for the toon that you are levelling. I usually get the Redcap companion as it is a cheap epic quality striker that will help you plow through content.
- You can give your Companions high level gear that will make them a lot more powerful.
- Bagspace: If you can get some bags, this will help you out a lot. The more room you have in your inventory the better.
XP Bonuses and Extra XP Gain:
- Invoke to the gods (after level 11). Pressing CTRL + I next to an Altar (found in Neverwinter or as drops from mobs) will have your character pray. You will get stat boost, potions etc, and you will get XP. Quite a lot of XP acutally, so pray as often as you can.
- Experience Booster and Epic Experience Booster from the Zen Market. If you have Zen or is willing to buy Zen i would recommend that you buy an Epic Experience Booster. You will get 2x XP all the way up to level 70 and will level twice as fast. These are also rewards from events sometimes, like the Winter festival.
- Double XP events happen quite often and it can be wise to leave leveling alts to these periods. Check the calendar in game to see when the next XP weekend is!
- Being a VIP member will give you 10% extra XP.
- Most guilds have the Experience Bonus Boon available, so join a guild to get a 3-30% XP bonus.
TIP: If you run out of quests in any of the zones listed below, and you are still too low level to progress to the next. Either return to Sergeant Knox to see if he has quests for you, or simply run a skirmish or dungeon.