Welcome to Frost Death Knight PvE Guide, this guide is updated for level 110 and Legion patch 7.3.2.
Rotation, Macros and Keybinds.
Below you can see the Patch 7.3 Changes to the Frost Death Knight
- Death Knight
- The synergy between Hungering Rune Weapon and Breath of Sindragosa has dominated the spec, leaving little room for variety. We’re adjusting this combo, and overall damage has increased to compensate. The result should be a more competitive talent picture. All three level 100 talents are tweaked for balance and to play more smoothly. Hungering Rune Weapon should still be hectic to use and require planning, but should not drastically overcap resources anymore.
- All damage increased by 14%.
- Hungering Rune Weapon has moved to the level 100 row, swapping with Glacial Advance, which is now on the level 58 row.
- Breath of Sindragosa damage increased by 10%.
- Hungering Rune Weapon duration reduced to 12 seconds (was 15 seconds) and additionally grants 20% haste.
- Obliteration duration increased to 10 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- Obliteration now causes Howling Blast to grant Killing Machine (in addition to Frost Strike).
- These changes collectively reduce Frost’s propensity to be flooded with resources in many of its talent/legendary setups
- Horn of Winter cooldown increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds).
- Murderous Efficiency chance reduced to 50% (was 65%).
- Koltira’s Newfound Will generates 1 Rune (was 2) and now causes Obliterate to deal 10% extra damage.
- The following talents have shifted around in the talent tree to provide more choices and allow for better balanced options. This requires targeted balance changes.
- Runic Attenuation is now level 56, Murderous Efficiency is now at level 57, and Frozen Pulse is now level 90.
- Freezing Fog effect reduced to 20% (was 30%).
- Frozen Pulse damage reduced by 39%.
- Icy Talons bonus increased to 12% (was 10%).
- Shattering Strikes bonus increased to 60% (was 40%).
- The utility talent row on level 75 should now provide a better payoff in situations where Frost’s comparative lack of mobility is felt.
- Volatile Shielding now causes Anti-Magic Shell to generate 100% additional Runic Power (was: removes Runic Power generation), and no longer deals damage.
- White Walker replaced with new talent, Inexorable Assault: For every 1 second spent in combat with no enemy within 8 yards, you gain a stack of Inexorable Assault. Each stack causes your next autoattack to deal additional Frost damage.
For a full list of changes, go here.
Patch 7.3 Frost Death Knight PvE Stat Priority
Strength > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Versatility
Patch 7.3 Frost Death Knight PvE Gems
- Masterful Shadowruby
Deadly Eye of Prophecy
Patch 7.3 Frost Death Knight PvE Enchants:
Neck Enchants: Mark of the Hidden Satyr
Cloak Enchants: Binding of Strenght
Ring Enchants: Binding of Mastery >Binding of Critical Strike