Welcome to our Devoted Cleric Guide, updated for Swords of Chult, mod 12b. In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Devoted Cleric class.
The Devoted Cleric is pretty versatile for a healer and have quite a few utility skills and when soloing they can do quite a good amount of damage. For grouping, you want to focus on debuffing/buffing and healing.
This Devoted Cleric is meant as a general guideline. To get the most out of your character, tailor him or her to your playstyle. The Neverwinter Reddit is a good place to start if you want to learn more about your class. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.
Devoted Cleric Guide Index
Basic Devoted Cleric Info
Best Races as a Devoted Cleric:
The below options are the best choices for a Devoted Cleric. In the end, it’s not much of a difference, which one you choose.
- Dragonborn: +2 to any stats. Dragon Heritage (5% extra healing from spells and abilities). Dragonborn Fury (3% extra power and crit).
- Human: +2 to any stats. Versatile Defense (3% extra defense). Heroic Effort (3 extra heroic feats).
- Sun Elf: +2 INT, +2 CHA/DEX. Inner Calm (3% action point gain). Sun Elf Grace (10% Control Resist)
Devoted Cleric Attribute Priority:
- Wisdom > Charisma > Strenght
Devoted Cleric Stat Priority:
For stats in Neverwinter, aim to hit the hard/soft cap of your primary stat, then secondary and so forth. Try not to waste stats by going over the caps, and instead start gearing towards another stat.
- Recovery (Softcapped at around 16k) > Defense (Caps Damage Resistance at 95%) > Power > Deflection (Caps at 100%) > Crit (Caps at 100%) > Regen > Armor Penetration (Cap Resistance Ignored at 85%)
Devoted Cleric Gear & Enchantments
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide. If you want to plan out your character and see what items are available the Neverwinter Character Simulator is a great tool.
- Primal Restoration Isigcina (Best in Slot) > Hunters Keffiyeh > Huntsman Restoration Coif > Vivified Lightender’s Restoration Coif > Pilgrim Restoration Puggaree > Pioneer Restoration Puggaree
- Primal Restoration Eziwa (Best in Slot) > Martyr’s Plackart > Huntsman Restoration Surcoat > Pilgrim Restoration Zereh> Lifesilk Spinneret
- Primal Raid Isikrinis (Best in Slot) > Royalsilk Mousquetaires > Huntsman Raid Braces > Pilgrim Raid Sawar > Vivified Lightender’s Restoration Braces > Pioneer Raid Sawar
- Primal Restoration Qualisas (Best in Slot) > Bonespurs > Huntsman Restoration Cuisses > Vivified Lightender’s Restoration Cuisses > Pilgrim Restoration Baleeks > Happy’s Walking Boots > Pioneer Restoration Baleeks
Primary & Secondary:
- Brightsilver (Best in slot if rest of party is also using Masterwork II set) > Lightender’s > Feytouched > Teak
Neck & Waist:
- Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace – Amulet of Tiamat’s Demise – Rubellite Amulet – Sphene Amulet
- Greater Belt of Wisdom – Sphene Belt – Tiamat Sash
- Primal Restoration Ring > Ring of the Goblin Slayer +5 > Greater Ostorian Ring of Hellig
Shirt & Pants:
- Shirt & Pants of the Chultan Merchant
- Primary Artifact: Sigil of the Devoted
- Secondary Artifacts: Tiamat’s Orb (if using the set) – Symbol of Fire – Sigil of the Hunter – Symbol of Air
Devoted Cleric Enchantments :
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots.
Armor Enchantments :
- Negation Enchantment
Weapon Enchantments :
- Holy Avenger Enchantment
Offense Enchantments :
- Radiant / Brutal / Cruel Enchantments
Defense Enchantments :
- Azure Enchantments
Utility Enchantments: Dragon’s Hoard x2 + QuartmasterX2 + 1 Fey Blessing / Dark Enchantments
Overload Enchantments :
- Corrupted Black Ice > White Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits :
Generally, pick the armor kits for the stats you are lacking in.
- Recovery Armor Kit > Power Armor Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits: Action Point Gain
Devoted Cleric Companions & Mounts
The Best Companion for Devoted Cleric :
- Summoned Companion: Lilend / Sellsword. Active Companions: Rust Monster, Tamed Velociraptor, Polar Bear Cub, Sellsword
Companion Gear :
For the companion gear from Illusionist’s Gambit, the +4 rings are actually better than the +5 as they have two offensive/defensive enchantment slots and the +5 has an overload slot.
- Fierce/Heroic/Sturdy – Belt/Ring/Neck/ Gear of the Companion
Companion Runestones: Bonding Runestones
The Best Devoted Cleric Mounts :
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choices for a first legendary mount as a Devoted Cleric are Swift Golden Lion > Tenser’s Floating Disk
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
The Best Devoted Cleric Insignia Bonuses :
- Assassin’s Covenant– Gladiator’s Guile – Protector’s Camaraderie – Shepard’s Devotion – Cavalry’s Warning – Artificer’s Persuasion
Insignia Type :
- Dominance > Mastery depending on what you need.
Devoted Cleric Mount Powers :
When choosing a mount power it is also smart to choose the stats you are lacking in from other gear.
- Mount Equip Power: Dominant Force (4000 power) – Providence (Swift Golden Lion) Mount Combat Power: Aureal Armament (Swift Golden Lion) – Tenser’s Transformation (Tenser’s Floating Disk)
Devoted Cleric Boons
Elemental Evil :
Wave of Force, Heart of Stone, Blazing Resilience, Wall of Wind
Dark Fey Hunter, Fey Precision, Elven Haste, Elven Tranquility, Elvish Fury
Dread Ring :
Reliquary Keeper’s Strenght, Evoker’s Thirst, Forbidden Piercing, Enraged Regrowth, Burning Guidance
Icewind Dale :
Weathering The Storm, Refreshing Chill, Rapid Thaw, Cool Resolve, Winter’s Bounty
Primordial Might, Primordial Focus, Drow Ambush Tactics, Dwarven Stamina, Abyssal Strikes
Tyranny of Dragons :
Dragon’s Claws, Dragon’s Gaze, Dragonscale Defense, Dragon’s Greed, Dragon’s Fury / Revival / Grip (One in each)
The Maze Engine :
Abyssal Regeneration, Demonic Resilience, Demonic Swiftness, Engine Inspiration
Storm King’s Thunder :
Frosty Demeanor, Hardy Constitution, Chill Determination, Glacial Strength, Healing Warmth
The Cloaked Ascendancy :
Aura of Hope, Healing Heat, Soothing Zephyr, Vision of Beyond
Jungles of Chult :
Tyrant’s Terror, Lingering Curse
Devoted Cleric Paragon Paths & Powers
Combat Powers :
At-Wills: Sacred Flame & Astral Seal / Blessing of Battle
Class Features: Holy Fervor, Hastening Light
Daily Powers: Hallowed Ground & Anointed Army
Encounter Powers: Bastion of Health, Divine Glow, Astral Shield, Forgemaster’s Flame, Break the Spirit
Anointed Champion Feats:
Combat Powers :
At-Wills: Brand of the Sun, Astral Seal, Sacred Flame
Class Features: Holy Fervor & Terrifying Insight
Daily Powers: Hammer of Fate & Hallowed Ground
Encounter Powers: Break the Spirit, Divine Glow, Forgemaster’s Flame, Prophecy of Doom
Divine Oracle Feats:
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Devoted Cleric Guide, please leave a comment below!