So you’ve hit level 70 in Neverwinter, but you don’t know what to do now. Fear not, this is what most fresh level 70’s feel like. End-game in Neverwinter can be quite confusing, but this guide is designed to help you out on your way to gearing up your character.
- The very first thing you should do, if you didn’t complete it while leveling, is to finish the Final Vigilance quest in Spinward Rise. This will award you with an artifact weapon to use at level 70. Simply complete 8 repeatable quests on each of the three islands and voila.
- The second thing to do at level 70 is to speak to your old pal Sergeant Knox. He will give you the quest “Protector’s Emissary” to speak to Lord Neverember and you will get a nice cloak and an offhand artifact weapon.
- Get simple rare quality item upgrades for other slots. You can either run normal dungeons (Temple of the Spider is very easy) or spend a few astral diamonds on the auction house to buy some new gear. Usually you will find a few upgrades here without spending to much. Rare quality item level 115 gear only cost around 200-300AD per piece. You should also buy epic quality shirt and pants, these go for a lot more (15k-30k ad) but it is well worth it and goes a long way to getting your gearscore up
- Get proper item Enchantments and upgrade them. These also increase your item level.
- Work on the different expansion zones to get powerfull boons.
- If you want you can do some PvP to get some pretty good gear. I don’t PvP much but i will usually do a couple of PvP matches for AD every day, and will eventually get some gear along the way.
- Consider getting a guild if you don’t have one. Many guilds don’t mind helping you getting through some dungeons and getting some gear for you. Most guilds will also have beneficial boons.
- Do Dragons Run’s when you can in your guilds or alliances stronghold. These provide you with 140 item level gear.
- At this point i was at item level 1732
- Now you can start doing Skrimishes and Dungeons if you want. The 1600 Item Score skirmishes (Kessell’s Retread and The Shores of Tuern) will give you a few upgrades pretty quickly. Getting item level 130 rings, belt and necklace is very quick from Kessells, although you won’t have use for the neck as you will already have the epic clock from Neverember. You will also ear Seal of the Elements here that can be used on ilvl 130 alliance armor from Phileas Gram in Protector’s Enclave.
- If you have 2 or more characters at 60+ talk to Jarlaxle Baenre in Caer Konig to get the quest Artifacts of Legend and get a class artifact.
- Collect Gear/Enchantments/Marks and anything you can use to refine and upgrade your gear and Enchantments. Even green quality gear can be used to upgrade artifacts. You will get a stuff to do this from working on daily quests for the different modules. It can be smart to save these for double refinement events.
- Start working on questlines from different modules to get the boons. Here you will also get some gear along the way.
- Do the Demon HE’s in Well of Dragons and Dread Ring. You will get Demonic Ichor that you can spend on Drowcraft Armor, and also item level 135+ rings.
- At 2000 Item score you can start killing the demogorgon in the Underdark
At this point you will most likely have more of an insight in what endgame is about in Neverwinter and what you should be doing. If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know in the comments and i will try to help you out!