Welcome to our Scourge Warlock Guide, updated for Swords of Chult, 12b. In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Scourge Warlock class.
The Scourge Warlock class was introduced in Tyranny of Dragons. They are a spellcasting class that use their dark powers to damage their foes and can also heal themselves and their allies.
This Scourge Warlock Guide guide is meant as a general guideline. To get the most out of your character, tailor him or her to your playstyle. The Neverwinter Reddit is a good place to start if you want to learn more about your class. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.
Scourge Warlock Guide Index
Basic Scourge Warlock Info
Best Races as a Scourge Warlock:
- Tiefling: +2 Con, +2 Cha. Bloodhunt (+5% damage to mobs below 50%) Infernal Wrath (- 5% power debuff)
- Dragonborn: +2 to any stats. Dragon Heritage (5% extra healing from spells and abilities). Dragonborn Fury (3% extra power and crit).
- Human: +2 to any stats. Versatile Defense (3% extra defense). Heroic Effort (3 extra heroic feats).
Scourge Warlock Attribute Priority:
- Constituion > Charisma > Intelligence
Scourge Warlock Stat Priority:
For stats in Neverwinter, aim to hit the hard/soft cap of your primary stat, then secondary and so forth. Try not to waste stats by going over the caps, and instead start gearing towards another stat.
- Armor Penetration (Cap Resistance Ignored at 85%) > Crit (Caps at 100%) > Power
Scourge Warlock Gear & Enchantments
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide. If you want to plan out your character and see what items are available the Neverwinter Character Simulator is a great tool.
- Rex Corona (Best in Slot) > Guise of the Wolf Clan > Manticore Assault Cowl > Vivified Hexweaver’s Raid Cap > Dragon Loyalist’s Visage
- Rex Amiculum (Best in Slot) > Primal Assault Kiuno > Manticore Raid Longcoat> Vivified Hexweaver’s Raid Longcoat
- Primal Assault / Raid Shabas (Best in Slot) > Huntsman Assault / Raid Wristguards > Manticore Assault / Raid Wristguards > Vivified Hexweaver’s Raid Wristguards
- Primal Assault / Raid Viatus (Best in Slot) > Boots of the Alpha > Huntsman Assault Pigaches > Manticore Raid Pigaches > Vivified Hexweaver’s Raid Pigaches
Primary & Secondary:
- Fartouched (Best in slot if rest of party is also Masterwork II set) > Hexweaver’s > Aboleth > Wootz, Teak
Neck & Waist:
- Orcus Set (Demogorgon’s Girdle of Might, Baphomet’s Infernal Talisman)
- Primal Restoration Ring > Chult Hunt Rings > Greater Ostorian Rings
Shirt & Pants:
- Shirt & Pants of the Chultan Merchant
- Primary Artifact: Sigil of the Devoted / Wheel of Elements
- Secondary Artifacts: Shard of Orcus’ Wand (For Set) – Eye of the Giant – Sigil of the Controller
Scourge Warlock Enchantments :
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots.
Armor Enchantments :
- Barkshield Enchantment
Weapon Enchantments :
- Feytouched Enchantment
Offense Enchantments :
- Brutal / Azure Enchantments
Defense Enchantments :
- Azure / Dark Enchantments
Utility Enchantments: Dragon’s Hoard x2 + QuartmasterX2 + 1 Fey Blessing / Dark Enchantments.
Overload Enchantments :
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor > Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing > Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits :
- Power Armor Kit – Armor Penetration Armor Kit – Critical Strike Armor Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits: Action Point Gain Jewel
Scourge Warlock Companions & Mounts
The Best Companion for Scourge Warlock:
- Summoned Companion: Sellsword. Active Companions: Air Archon, Fire Archon, Siege Master, Owlbear Cub
For the companion gear from Illusionist’s Gambit, the +4 rings are actually better than the +5 as they have two offensive/defensive enchantment slots and the +5 has an overload slot.
- Bold/Heroic Gear of the Companion
Companion Runestones: Bonding Runestones
The Best Scourge Warlock Mounts:
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choices for a first legendary mount as a Scourge Warlock is a Warpainted / Commander Tyrannosaur or Tenser’s Floating Disk.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
The Best Scourge Warlock Insignia Bonuses :
- Assassin’s Covenant – Protector’s Camaraderie – Artificer’s Persuasion – Gladiators Guile – Magistrate’s Patience
Insignia Type :
- Dominance – Prosperity – Skill
Scourge Warlock Mount Powers :
- Mount Equip Power: Dominant Force (4000 power) – Fierce Predator (2000 Power + 2000 Armor Pen) Mount Combat Power: Commander / Warpainted Tyrannosaurus Rex’em – Tenser’s Transformation (Tenser’s Floating Disk)
Scourge Warlock Boons
Elemental Evil :
Wave of Force, Heart of Stone, Searing Aggression, Gale of Retribution
Dark Fey Hunter, Fey Precision, Elven Haste, Elven Ferocity, Elvish Fury
Dread Ring :
Reliquary Keeper’s Strenght, Evoker’s Thirst, Forbidden Piercing, Shadowtouch, Rampaging Madness
Icewind Dale :
Encroaching Tactics, Refreshing Chill, Sleet Skills, Cool Resolve, Winter’s Bounty
Primordial Might, Primordial Focus, Drow Ambush Tactics, Dwarven Stamina, Abyssal Strikes
Tyranny of Dragons :
Dragon’s Claws, Dragon’s Gaze, Draconic Armorbreaker, Dragon’s Greed, Dragon’s Fury x2, Dragon’s Thirst x1
The Maze Engine :
Abyssal Siphoning, Demonic Influence, Demonic Swiftness, Baphomet’s Might
Storm King’s Thunder :
Cold Hearted, Hardy Constitution, Icy Wrath, Vengeful Heat, Chill of Winter
The Cloaked Ascendancy :
Aura of Hope, Fiery Frency, Soothing Zephyr, Aberrant Power
Jungles of Chult :
Tyrant’s Terror, Lingering Curse
Soulbinder Combat Powers
At-Wills: Essence Defiler & Hand of Blight
Class Features: Dust to Dust & All Consuming Curse
Daily: mmolation Spirits & Brood of Hadar
Encounter: Killing Flames , Soul Scorch , Hadar’s Grasp
We currently have no viable Hellbringer Build
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Scourge Warlock Guide, please leave a comment below!