The Razer Nostromo is basically an extension of your keyboard, complete with extra buttons, a scroll wheel, a D-pad and a few other goodies that will enhance your MMO experience, especially when Multiboxing.
Features of the Nostromo (Taken from the Razer site)
- Ergonomic form factor and tournament-grade layout
- 16 fully programmable Hyperesponse keys
- Programmable eight-way directional thumb pad and scroll wheel (can be used as keys)
- Instantaneous switching between eight key maps
- Unlimited macro lengths (this is really cool)
- Storage of up to 20 different game profiles
- Adjustable soft-touch wrist pad for exceptional comfort
- Backlit keypad and scroll wheel for total control, even in dark conditions
- Enhanced Razer configurator software
- Works with Mac or PC
Multiboxing in any Mmo, whether it be WoW, Everquest or Guild Wars, having the right equipment can make or break your game quite literary. Without the right software (I use pwnboxer) you won’t get far, especially on high end content where the wrong click of a button can be fatal. But hardware is also very important and get improve your game tremendously. I used to multibox (up to 5 box) on a single keyboard before I got the Razer Nostromo, but I fortunately found one of these under the Christmas tree this year. And boy did it make a difference. The Nostromo is the difference between wiping and not wiping in many instances, and the difference between a defeat and a win in arena matches and pvp. It has enough buttons to actually control several characters if you have multiboxing software set up, by freeing up space on your keyboard.