Welcome to our Trickster Rogue Guide, updated for Ravenloft, mod 14. In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Trickster Rogue class.
The Trickster Rogue is a typical melee DPS class, relying mostly on stealth and cunning to attack their enemies from the shadows. They wield blades and daggers that they use to attack the mobs from the shadows.
This Trickster Rogue guide is meant as a general guideline. To get the most out of your character, tailor him or her to your playstyle. The Neverwinter Reddit is a good place to start if you want to learn more about your class. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.
Trickster Rogue Guide Index
- Basic Trickster Rogue Info
- Trickster Rogue Gear & Enchantments
- Trickster Rogue Companions & Mounts
- Trickster Rogue Boons
- Trickster Rogue Paragon Paths & Powers
Basic Trickster Rogue Info
Best Races as a Trickster Rogue :
- Dragonborn: +2 to any stats. Dragon Heritage (5% extra healing from spells and abilities). Dragonborn Fury (3% extra power and crit).
- Half-Orc : +2 Dex, +2 Str / +2 Con. Furious Assault (5% more crit severity). Swift Charge (10% increased run speed when you enter combat).
- Human: +2 to any stats. Versatile Defense (3% extra defense). Heroic Effort (3 extra heroic feats).
Trickster Rogue Attribute Priority :
- Strenght > Dexterity > Charisma
Trickster Rogue Stat Priority :
For stats in Neverwinter, aim to hit the hard/soft cap of your primary stat, then secondary and so forth. Try not to waste stats by going over the caps, and instead start gearing towards another stat.
- Crit (Caps at 100%) >Armor Penetration (Cap Resistance Ignored at 100%) > Power
Trickster Rogue Gear & Enchantments
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide. If you want to plan out your character and see what items are available the Neverwinter Character Simulator is a great tool.
- Banditlord’s Raid Hat (Best in Slot) > The Mists’ Mask > Crown of the Undead
- Fured Kiuno of the Bear (Best in Slot) > Banditlord’s Raid Jerkin > Knotted Garbs
- Terrored Grips (Best in Slot) > Eyestalk Wrappers > Banditlord’s Raid Bracers
- Heel’s of Fury (Best in Slot) > Lycan Boots of the Pack > Boots of the Bandit
Primary & Secondary:
- Primal Weapons
Neck & Waist:
- Orcus Set (Demogorgon’s Girdle of Might, Baphomet’s Infernal Talisman)
- +5 Rings > Beaded Assault Ring – Bronzewood Raid Ring
Shirt & Pants:
- Upper Primal Paints + Lower Primal Paints
- Primary Artifact: Wheel of Elements / Soul Sight Crystal
- Secondary Artifacts: Shard of Orcus’ Wand (For Set) – Eye of the Giant – Fragmented Key of Stars / Lantern of Revelation
Trickster Rogue Enchantments :
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots.
Armor Enchantments :
- Barkshield Enchantment
Weapon Enchantments :
- Feytouched > Vorpal Enchantment
Offense Enchantments :
- Brutal Enchantments
Defense Enchantments :
- Black Ice Enchantments
Utility Enchantments: Dragon’s Hoard x2 + QuartmasterX2 + 1 Fey Blessing / Dark Enchantments.
Overload Enchantments :
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor > Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing > Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits :
- Power Armor Kit – Armor Penetration Armor Kit – Critical Strike Armor Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits: Action Point Gain Jewel
Trickster Rogue Companions & Mounts
The Best Companion for Trickster Rogue:
- Summoned Companion: Chultan Tiger > Sellsword. Active Companions: Air Archon, Fire Archon, Siege Master, Erinyes of Belial / Tamed Velociraptor (if rest of party is using one)
For the companion gear from Illusionist’s Gambit, the +4 rings are actually better than the +5 as they have two offensive/defensive enchantment slots and the +5 has an overload slot.
- Bold/Heroic Gear of the Companion
Companion Runestones: Bonding Runestones
The Best Trickster Rogue Mounts:
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choices for a first legendary mount as a Great Weapon Fighter is a Warpainted / Commander Tyrannosaur or Tenser’s Floating Disk.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
The Best Trickster Rogue Insignia Bonuses :
- Assassin’s Covenant – Protector’s Camaraderie – Artificer’s Persuasion – Gladiators Guile – Cavalry’s Warning
Insignia Type :
- Dominance – Prosperity – Skill
Trickster Rogue Mount Powers :
- Mount Equip Power: Dominant Force (4000 power) – Fierce Predator (2000 Power + 2000 Armor Pen) Mount Combat Power: Commander / Warpainted Tyrannosaurus Rex’em – Tenser’s Transformation (Tenser’s Floating Disk)
Trickster Rogue Boons
Elemental Evil :
Wave of Force, Heart of Stone, Searing Aggression, Wall of Wind
Dark Fey Hunter, Fey Precision, Elven Haste, Elven Ferocity, Elvish Fury
Dread Ring :
Reliquary Keeper’s Strenght, Evoker’s Thirst, Forbidden Piercing, Shadowtouch, Rampaging Madness
Icewind Dale :
Encroaching Tactics, Refreshing Chill, Sleet Skills, Cool Resolve, Winter’s Bounty
Primordial Might, Primordial Focus, Drow Ambush Tactics, Dwarven Footing, Abyssal Strikes
Tyranny of Dragons :
Dragon’s Claws, Dragon’s Gaze, Draconic Armorbreaker, Dragon’s Greed, Dragon’s Fury x2, Dragon’s Thirst x1
The Maze Engine :
Abyssal Siphoning, Demonic Influence, Demonic Swiftness, Baphomet’s Might
Storm King’s Thunder :
Cold Hearted, Survival Instincts, Chill Determination, Vengeful Heat, Chill of Winter
The Cloaked Ascendancy :
Aura of Despair, Fiery Frency, Soothing Zephyr, Aberrant Power
Jungles of Chult :
3x Tyrant’s Terror, x1 Shamanic Grance, 1x Beasts Burden, 1x Overgrown, 2x Lingering Curse
Hardened Bones, Blood Lust
Trickster Rogue Paragon Paths & Powers
Master Infiltrator Combat Powers
At-Wills: Duelist’s Flurry & Sly Flourish
Class Features: Invisible Infiltrator & Infiltrator’s Action
Daily: Lurker’s Assault & Whirlwind of Blades
Encounter: Dazing Strike, Smoke Bomb, Impossible to Catch, Lashing Blades
Master Infiltrator Feats:
We currently have no viable builds for Whisperknife
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Trickster Rogue Guide, please leave a comment below!