Welcome to our Devoted Cleric Guide, updated for Ravenloft, mod 14. In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Devoted Cleric class.
The Devoted Cleric is pretty versatile for a healer and have quite a few utility skills and when soloing they can do quite a good amount of damage. For grouping, you want to focus on debuffing/buffing and healing.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities. Try different gear, feats and powers and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
Devoted Cleric Guide Index
- Basic Devoted Cleric Info
- Devoted Cleric Paragon Paths & Powers
- Devoted Cleric Boons
- Devoted Cleric Weapons & Gear
- Devoted Cleric Enchantments
- Devoted Cleric Consumables & Buffs
- Devoted Cleric Companions
- Devoted Cleric Mounts
Basic Devoted Cleric Info
Best Races as a Devoted Cleric
The below options are the best choices for a Devoted Cleric. In the end, it’s not much of a difference, which one you choose.
- Dragonborn: +2 to any stats. Dragon Heritage (5% extra healing from spells and abilities). Dragonborn Fury (3% extra power and crit).
- Human: +2 to any stats. Versatile Defense (3% extra defense). Heroic Effort (3 extra heroic feats).
- Sun Elf: +2 INT, +2 CHA/DEX. Inner Calm (3% action point gain). Sun Elf Grace (10% Control Resist)
Devoted Cleric Attribute / Ability Score Priority
- Wisdom > Charisma > Strenght
Devoted Cleric Rating / Stat Priority
For stats in Neverwinter, aim to hit the hard/soft cap of your primary stat, then secondary and so forth. Try not to waste stats by going over the caps, and instead start gearing towards another stat.
- Power > Recovery (Softcapped at around 16k) >Crit (Caps at 100%) > Defense (Caps Damage Resistance at 95%) > Armor Penetration (Cap Resistance Ignored at 100%)
Devoted Cleric Paragon Paths & Powers
Anointed Champion Combat Powers
At-Wills: Astral Seal & Blessing of Battle
Class Features: Holy Fervor – Hastening Light
Daily Powers: Hallowed Ground – Anointed Army
Encounter Powers: Divine Glow – Forgemaster’s Flame – Exaltation
Anointed Champion Feats:
Divine Oracle Combat Powers
At-Wills: Brand of the Sun – Lance of Faith – Sacred Flame
Class Features: Holy Fervor – Terrifying Insight
Daily Powers: Hammer of Fate – Hallowed Ground
Encounter Powers: Break the Spirit – Divine Glow – Forgemaster’s Flame
Divine Oracle Feats:
Devoted Cleric Boons
If you still haven’t gotten all your boons, check out our Campaign Completion Guide, with info on how to complete all of the campaigns as fast as possible for all the boons.
Power – Defense – Mount Speed
Wave of Force – Heart of Stone – Blazing Resilience – Wall of Wind
Dark Fey Hunter – Fey Precision – Elven Haste – Elven Tranquility – Elvish Fury
Reliquary Keeper’s Strenght – Evoker’s Thirst – Forbidden Piercing – Enraged Regrowth – Burning Guidance
Weathering The Storm – Refreshing Chill – Rapid Thaw – Cool Resolve – Winter’s Bounty
Primordial Might – Primordial Focus – Drow Ambush Tactics – Dwarven Stamina – Abyssal Strikes
Tyranny of Dragons:
Dragon’s Claws – Dragon’s Gaze – Dragonscale Defense – Dragon’s Greed – Dragon’s Fury / Revival / Grip (One in each)
The Maze Engine:
Abyssal Regeneration – Demonic Resilience – Demonic Swiftness – Engine Inspiration
Storm King’s Thunder:
Frosty Demeanor – Hardy Constitution – Chill Determination – Glacial Strength – Healing Warmth
The Cloaked Ascendancy:
Aura of Hope – Healing Heat – Soothing Zephyr – Vision of Beyond
Jungles of Chult:
Tyrant’s Terror x3 – Shamanic Grance x1 – Beasts Burden x1 – Overgrown x1 – Lingering Curse x2
Ageless – Righteous Sacrifice
Devoted Cleric Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our newly updated Astral Diamond Guide for mod 14 to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
If you want to plan out your character and see what items are available the Neverwinter Character Simulator is a great tool.
- Faithlord’s Raid Aventail (Best in Slot) > Decaying Habit
- Faithlord’s Restoration Chasuble (Best in Slot) > Knotted Garbs
- Faithlord’s Raid Braces (Best in Slot) > The Executioner’s Braces > The Donjon’s Braces
- Faithlord’s Restoration Pigaches (Best in Slot) > Lycan Boots of the Pack
Primary & Secondary:
- Exalted Primal Weapons
Weapon Artifact Powers
- Primary: Astral Seal for Healing – Lance of Faith for DPS
- Secondary: Hastening Light for Healing – Holy Fervor for DPS
Neck & Waist:
- Lostmauth’s Hoard Necklace – Amulet of Tiamat’s Demise – Rubellite Amulet – Sphene Amulet
- Greater Belt of Wisdom – Sphene Belt – Tiamat Sash
- +4 / +5 Ring of the Gravestriker (Best in Slot) > Ring of Offensive Action > Beaded Restoration Ring
Shirt & Pants:
- Shirt of the Chultan Merchant & Prelate’s Gemmed Exquisite Elemental Chausses
- Primary Artifact: Sigil of the Devoted
- Secondary Artifacts: Tiamat’s Orb (if using the set) – Symbol of Fire – Sigil of the Hunter – Symbol of Air
Devoted Cleric Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- Barkshield or Negation Enchantment
- Frost Enchantment
- Radiant / Brutal / Cruel Enchantments
- Azure Enchantments
Dragon’s Hoard x2 + QuartmasterX2 + 1 Fey Blessing or Dark Enchantments
- Corrupted Black Ice > White Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits:
Generally, pick the armor kits for the stats you are lacking in.
- Recovery Armor Kit or Power Armor Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits:
- Action Point Gain
Devoted Cleric Consumables & Buffs
Consider to get VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Any Power Potion
- Watermelot Sorbet
Devoted Cleric Companions
The best companions for Devoted Clerics are:
- Summoned Companion: Sellsword.
- Active Companions: Rust Monster – Tamed Velociraptor – Archmage’s Apprentice – Skeleton or Archons
For the companion gear from Illusionist’s Gambit, the +4 rings are actually better than the +5 as they have two offensive/defensive enchantment slots and the +5 has an overload slot.
- Fierce/Heroic/Sturdy – Belt/Ring/Neck/ Gear of the Companion
- Masterwork Rings
- +4/+5 Rings
Companion Runestones: Bonding Runestones
Devoted Cleric Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choices for a first legendary mount as a Devoted Cleric are Swift Golden Lion or Commander Tyrannosaur
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
The Best Devoted Cleric Insignia Bonuses:
- Assassin’s Covenant– Gladiator’s Guile – Protector’s Camaraderie – Shepard’s Devotion – Cavalry’s Warning – Artificer’s Persuasion
- Dominance > Mastery depending on what you need.
Devoted Cleric Mount Powers :
When choosing a mount power it is also smart to choose the stats you are lacking in from other gear.
- Mount Equip Power: Dominant Force (4000 power) – Providence (Swift Golden Lion).
- Mount Combat Power: Aureal Armament (Swift Golden Lion) – Commander Tyrannosaurus Rex’em.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Devoted Cleric guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the DC class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.