Welcome to our Scourge Warlock Guide, updated for the Heart of Fire, mod 15. In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Scourge Warlock class.
The Scourge Warlock class was introduced in Tyranny of Dragons. They are a spellcasting class that use their dark powers to damage their foes and can also heal themselves and their allies.
SW’s can be played as either DPS or most commonly as a Templock that buffs, debuffs and heals. Having one loadout for each is recommended.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities. Try different gear, feats and powers and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
Scourge Warlock Guide Index
- Basic Scourge Warlock Info
- Scourge Warlock Paragon Paths & Powers
- Scourge Warlock Boons
- Scourge Warlock Weapons & Gear
- Scourge Warlock Weapons & Gear
- Scourge Warlock Enchantments
- Scourge Warlock Consumables & Buffs
- Scourge Warlock Companions
- Scourge Warlock Mounts
Basic Scourge Warlock Info
Best Races as a Scourge Warlock
- Tiefling: +2 Con, +2 Cha. Bloodhunt (+5% damage to mobs below 50%) Infernal Wrath (- 5% power debuff)
- Dragonborn: +2 to any stats. Dragon Heritage (5% extra healing from spells and abilities). Dragonborn Fury (3% extra power and crit).
- Human: +2 to any stats. Versatile Defense (3% extra defense). Heroic Effort (3 extra heroic feats).
Scourge Warlock Attribute / Ability Score Priority
- Constituion > Charisma > Intelligence
Scourge Warlock Rating / Stat Priority
For stats in Neverwinter, aim to hit the hard/soft cap of your primary stat, then secondary and so forth. Try not to waste stats by going over the caps, and instead start gearing towards another stat.
- Armor Penetration (Cap Resistance Ignored at 100%) > Power >Recovery > Life Steal > Crit (Caps at 100% / Alternatively keep crit low and get an Owlbear Cub)
Scourge Warlock Paragon Paths & Powers
Hellbringer is the current recommended paragon path for Scourge Warlock.
Hellbringer – DPS Build
Hellbringer DPS Combat Powers
At-Wills: Hellish Rebuke – Eldritch Blast
Class Features: No Pity, No Mercy – All Consuming Curse
Daily: Tyrannical Curse – Brood of Hadar
Encounter: Pillar of Power – Killing Flames (Single Target) / Fiery Bolt (AoE) – Hadar’s Grasp (Single Target) / Arms of Hadar (AoE)
Hellbringer DPS Feats:
Hellbringer – Templock Build
Hellbringer Templock Combat Powers
At-Wills: Hellish Rebuke – Hand of Blight
Class Features: All Consuming Curse – Prince of Hell
Daily: Tyrannical Curse – Brood of Hadar
Encounter: Pillar of Power – Dreadtheft (AoE) / Warlocks Bargain (Single Target) – Blades of Vanquished Armies (AoE) / Killing Flames (Single Target)
Hellbringer Templock Feats:
We currently have no viable Soulbinder Build
Scourge Warlock Boons
If you still haven’t gotten all your boons, check out our Campaign Completion Guide, with info on how to complete all of the campaigns as fast as possible for all the boons.
Power – Defense – Mount Speed
Wave of Force – Heart of Stone, Searing Aggression – Gale of Retribution
Dark Fey Hunter – Fey Precision, Elven Haste – Elven Ferocity – Elvish Fury
Reliquary Keeper’s Strenght – Evoker’s Thirst – Forbidden Piercing – Shadowtouch – Rampaging Madness
Encroaching Tactics – Refreshing Chill – Sleet Skills – Cool Resolve – Winter’s Bounty
Primordial Might – Primordial Focus – Drow Ambush Tactics – Dwarven Stamina – Abyssal Strikes
Tyranny of Dragons:
Dragon’s Claws – Dragon’s Gaze – Draconic Armorbreaker – Dragon’s Greed – Dragon’s Fury x2 – Dragon’s Thirst x1
The Maze Engine:
Abyssal Siphoning – Demonic Influence – Demonic Swiftness – Baphomet’s Might
Storm King’s Thunder:
Cold Hearted – Hardy Constitution – Icy Wrath – Vengeful Heat – Chill of Winter
The Cloaked Ascendancy:
Aura of Hope – Fiery Frency – Soothing Zephyr – Aberrant Power
Jungles of Chult:
Tyrant’s Terror x3 – Shamanic Grance x1 – Beasts Burden x1 – Overgrown x1 – Lingering Curse x2
(The reason behind having one of each is to max HP gain)
Undying Death x3 – Blood Lust
Confidence Boost – Life-draining Job
Scourge Warlock Weapon & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our newly updated Astral Diamond Guide for mod 14 to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
If you want to plan out your character and see what items are available the Neverwinter Character Simulator is a great tool.
- Curselord’s Raid Ushanka / Rex Corona / Decaying Habit > The Seer’s Cap
- Hag’s Rags (Best in Slot) > Knotted Garbs
- Terrored Grips (Best in Slot) > Eyestalk Wrappers
- Enduring Boots / Boots of the Willed / Deathstriders
Primary & Secondary:
- Exalted +1 Stronghold Weapons
Weapon Artifact Powers
- Primary: Hellish Rebuke
- Secondary: All Consuming Curse / No Pity, No Mercy
Neck & Waist:
- Orcus Set (Demogorgon’s Girdle of Might, Baphomet’s Infernal Talisman)
- Ring of Offensive Action (Best in Slot) > Ring of the Shadowstalker +4/+5 > Masterwork Rings
Shirt & Pants:
- Upper Primal Paints + Makos’s Spare Travel Pants
- Primary Artifact: Soul Sight Crystal / Wheel of Elements
- Secondary Artifacts: Shard of Orcus’ Wand (For Set) – Eye of the Giant – Sigil of the Controller – Fragmented Key of Stars
Scourge Warlock Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- Barkshield / Negation / Soulforged Enchantment
- Feytouched Enchantment
- Radiant / Brutal Enchantments
- Radiant / Dark Enchantments
Dragon’s Hoard x2 + QuartmasterX2 + 1 Fey Blessing or Dark Enchantments.
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor > Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing > Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits:
- Power Armor Kit – Armor Penetration Armor Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits:
- Action Point Gain Jewel
Scourge Warlock Consumables & Buffs
Consider to get VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir
- Squash Soup
Scourge Warlock Companions
The best companions for Scourge Warlocks are:
- Summoned Companion: Chultan Tiger
- Active Companions: Air Archon – Fire Archon – Earth Archon – Razorwodd – Owlbear Cub (low crit build)
For the companion gear from Illusionist’s Gambit, the +4 rings are actually better than the +5 as they have two offensive/defensive enchantment slots and the +5 has an overload slot.
- Bold/Heroic Gear of the Companion
- Masterwork Rings
- +4/+5 Rings
Companion Runestones: Bonding Runestones
Companion Enchantments: Radiant / Draconic Enchantments
Scourge Warlock Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choices for a first legendary mount as a Scourge Warlock is a Swarm or Tenser’s Floating Disk.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
The Best Scourge Warlock Insignia Bonuses :
- Assassin’s Covenant – Shepherd’s Devotion – Protector’s Camaraderie – Artificer’s Persuasion – Gladiators Guile – Cavalry’s Warning
Insignia Type :
- Dominance – Prosperity – Skill
Scourge Warlock Mount Powers :
- Mount Equip Power: Dominant Force (4000 power) – Fierce Predator (2000 Power + 2000 Armor Pen)
- Mount Combat Power: Bat Swarm (Swarm) – Tenser’s Transformation (Tenser’s Floating Disk)
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Scourge Warlock Guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the SW class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.