The Complete Mod 15 Trickster Rogue Guide
Welcome to our Trickster Rogue Guide, updated for the Heart of Fire, mod 15. In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Trickster Rogue class.
The Trickster Rogue is a typical melee DPS class, relying mostly on stealth and cunning to attack their enemies from the shadows. They wield blades and daggers that they use to attack the mobs from the shadows.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities. Try different gear, feats and powers and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
Trickster Rogue Guide Index
- Basic Trickster Rogue Info
- Trickster Rogue Paragon Paths & Powers
- Trickster Rogue Boons
- Trickster Rogue Weapons & Gear
- Trickster Rogue Enchantments
- Trickster Rogue Consumables & Buffs
- Trickster Rogue Companions
- Trickster Rogue Mounts
Basic Trickster Rogue Info
Best Races as a Trickster Rogue
- Dragonborn: +2 to any stats. Dragon Heritage (5% extra healing from spells and abilities). Dragonborn Fury (3% extra power and crit).
- Half-Orc : +2 Dex, +2 Str / +2 Con. Furious Assault (5% more crit severity). Swift Charge (10% increased run speed when you enter combat).
- Human: +2 to any stats. Versatile Defense (3% extra defense). Heroic Effort (3 extra heroic feats).
Trickster Rogue Attribute / Ability Score Priority
- Strenght > Dexterity > Charisma
Swap Dex for Cha if you can cap crit chance without Dex
Trickster Rogue Rating / Stat Priority
For stats in Neverwinter, aim to hit the hard/soft cap of your primary stat, then secondary and so forth. Try not to waste stats by going over the caps, and instead start gearing towards another stat.
- Crit (Caps at 100%) >Armor Penetration (Cap Resistance Ignored at 100%) > Power > Recovery > Life Steal
Trickster Rogue Paragon Paths & Powers
Master Infiltrator is the current recommended paragon path for Trickster Rogue
Executioner is mainly a Single Target build while Saboteur is for AoE. Having one of each in a loadout is ideal so that you can switch between trash and boss fights.
Master Infiltrator Combat Powers
At-Wills: Duelist’s Flurry (Single Target) – Gloaming Cut- Sly Flourish
Class Features: Invisible Infiltrator – Infiltrator’s Action
Daily: Whirlwind of Blades – Lurker’s Assault
Encounter: Dazing Strike – Smoke Bomb – Impossible to Catch – Blade Flurry (AoE) – Lashing Blade (Single Target)
Master Infiltrator Executioner Feats:
The Executioner build is mostly for Boss fights.
Master Infiltrator Saboteur Feats:
Saboteur is meant for AoE and solo play.
We currently have no viable builds for Whisperknife
Trickster Rogue Boons
If you still haven’t gotten all your boons, check out our Campaign Completion Guide, with info on how to complete all of the campaigns as fast as possible for all the boons.
Power – Defense – Mount Speed
Wave of Force – Heart of Stone – Searing Aggression – Wall of Wind
Dark Fey Hunter- Fey Precision – Elven Haste – Elven Ferocity – Elvish Fury
Reliquary Keeper’s Strenght – Evoker’s Thirst – Forbidden Piercing – Shadowtouch – Rampaging Madness
Encroaching Tactics – Refreshing Chill – Sleet Skills – Cool Resolve – Winter’s Bounty
Primordial Might – Primordial Focus – Drow Ambush Tactics – Dwarven Footing – Abyssal Strikes
Tyranny of Dragons:
Dragon’s Claws – Dragon’s Gaze – Draconic Armorbreaker – Dragon’s Greed – Dragon’s Fury x2 – Dragon’s Thirst x1
The Maze Engine:
Abyssal Siphoning – Demonic Influence – Demonic Swiftness – Baphomet’s Might
Storm King’s Thunder:
Cold Hearted – Survival Instincts – Chill Determination – Vengeful Heat – Chill of Winter
The Cloaked Ascendancy:
Aura of Despair – Fiery Frency – Soothing Zephyr – Aberrant Power
Jungles of Chult:
Tyrant’s Terror x3 – Shamanic Grance x1 – Beasts Burden x1 – Overgrown x1 – Lingering Curse x2
Hardened Bones x3 – Blood Lust
Confidence Boost / Critically Acclaimed – Severe Criticism
Trickster Rogue Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our newly updated Astral Diamond Guide for mod 14 to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
If you want to plan out your character and see what items are available the Neverwinter Character Simulator is a great tool.
- Banditlord’s Raid Hat (Best in Slot) > Crown of the Undead
- Fured Kiuno of the Bear (Best in Slot) > Banditlord’s Raid Jerkin > Knotted Garbs
- Terrored Grips (Best in Slot) > Jawripper’s Gloves
- Heel’s of Fury (Best in Slot) > Enduring Boots
Primary & Secondary:
- Exalted +1 Stronghold Weapons > Exalted Primal Weapons
Weapon Artifact Powers
- Primary: Duelist’s Flurry
- Secondary: Infiltrator’s Action
Neck & Waist:
- Orcus Set (Demogorgon’s Girdle of Might, Baphomet’s Infernal Talisman)
- Ring of the Shadowstalker +4/+5 (Best in Slot) > Ring of Offensive Action > Masterwork Rings
Shirt & Pants:
- Upper Primal Paints + Adamantine Chausses +1
- Primary Artifact: Wheel of Elements / Soul Sight Crystal / Sigil of the Devoted
- Secondary Artifacts: Shard of Orcus’ Wand (For Set) – Eye of the Giant – Fragmented Key of Stars / Lantern of Revelation
Trickster Rogue Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- Barkshield Enchantment
- Feytouched > Vorpal Enchantment
- Brutal Enchantments – Black Ice Enchantment – Savage Enchantment
- Dark Enchantment – Radiant Enchantment – Savage Enchantment
Dragon’s Hoard x2 + QuartmasterX2 + 1 Fey Blessing or Dark Enchantments.
Overload Enchantments :
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor > Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing > Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits:
- Power Armor Kit – Armor Penetration Armor Kit – Critical Strike Armor Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits:
- Action Point Gain Jewel
Trickster Rogue Consumables & Buffs
Consider to get VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir > Elixir of Fate
- Squash Soup > Watermelot Sorbet
Trickster Rogue Companions
The best companions for Trickster Rogue are:
- Summoned Companion: Chultan Tiger
- Active Companions: Air Archon – Earth Archon – Razorwood – Fire Archon / Siege Master
- Bold/Heroic Gear of the Companion
- Masterwork Rings
- +4/+5 Rings
Companion Runestones: Bonding Runestones
Companion Enchantments: Black Ice Enchantments
Trickster Rogue Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choices for a first legendary mount as a Trickster Rogue is a Swarm.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
The Best Trickster Rogue Insignia Bonuses:
- Assassin’s Covenant – Protector’s Camaraderie – Artificer’s Persuasion – Sheperd’s Devotion – Cavalry’s Warning
- Dominance – Prosperity – Skill
Trickster Rogue Mount Powers:
- Mount Equip Power: Dominant Force (4000 power) – Fierce Predator (2000 Power + 2000 Armor Pen)
- Mount Combat Power: Bat Swarm (Swarm)
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Trickster Rogue guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the TR class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.