Welcome to the Beginner’s Necromancer Magicka DPS Build/Guide for Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). This guide will teach you the basics of building a Necromancer Magicka DPS and provide you with the necessary tools to start your journey as a powerful damage dealer in ESO.
This build is designed for players new to the damage dealing role and focuses on damage output, resource management, and easy gear acquisition.
While any race can be a Necromancer Magicka DPS, the following races have passives that make them more suitable for the role:
- High Elf: Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, and Elemental Damage
- Breton: Max Magicka, Magicka Recovery, and Magicka Cost Reduction
- Dark Elf: Max Magicka, Max Stamina, and Elemental Damage
Allocate all 64 points into Magicka to maximize damage output. This can be changed later as you adapt and get better gear and stats.
- The Apprentice (Spell Damage) or The Atronach (Magicka Recovery)
Food and Potions:
- Food: Bi-stat food (Max Health and Magicka)
- Potions: Essence of Spell Power or basic health/magicka potions
The skill setup for a beginner Necromancer Magicka DPS is as follows:
Bar 1 – Destruction Staff (Flame or Lightning):
- Unstable Wall of Elements – Morph to Elemental Blockade
- Ricochet Skull – Morph to Ricochet Blast or Blighted Blastbones
- Hungry Scythe – Morph to Ruinous Scythe
- Skeletal Arcanist – Morph to Skeletal Mage or Spirit Mender
- Degeneration – Morph to Elemental Drain Ultimate: Glacial Colossus – Morph to Pestilent Colossus
Bar 2 – Destruction Staff (Flame or Lightning):
- Mystic Siphon – Morph to Siphoning Spirits
- Shocking Siphon – Morph to Shocking Grasp or Detonating Siphon
- Stalking Blastbones – Morph to Blighted Blastbones
- Harness Magicka – Morph to Dampen Magic
- Inner Light – Morph to Radiant Magelight Ultimate: Reanimate – Morph to Renewing Animation or Animate Blastbones
Assuming you have 1800 CP available, focus on the following CP allocation to improve your damage dealing abilities. Keep in mind that these allocations may change as you progress and experiment with different playstyles.
- Steed’s Blessing – 50 points
- Breakfall – 50 points
- Wanderer – 50 points
- Eldritch Insight – 50 points
- Piercing – 50 points
- Deadly Aim – 50 points
- Master-at-Arms – 50 points (Slot Unlock at 1200 CP)
- Elemental Aegis – 50 points (Slot Unlock at 1800 CP)
- Tumbling – 50 points
- Mystic Tenacity – 50 points
- Hero’s Vigor – 50 points
- Tireless Discipline – 50 points (Slot Unlock at 1200 CP)
- Fortification – 50 points (Slot Unlock at 1800 CP)
- Destruction Staff: All passives
- Light Armor: All passives
- Necromancer: All passives in Grave Lord, Bone Tyrant, and Living Death
- Mages Guild: All passives
- Undaunted: Undaunted Command and Undaunted Mettle
- Racial: All passives for your chosen race
As a beginner, your priority should be to acquire easy-to-obtain gear that provides good bonuses. Here’s a beginner-friendly gear setup:
- 5x Julianos (Craftable set, requires 6 Traits)
- 5x Mother’s Sorrow (Deshaan overland or Guild Traders)
- 2x Monster Set: Ilambris (Crypt of Hearts I) or Grothdarr (Vaults of Madness)
Traits and Enchantments:
- Armor: Divines on all pieces with Magicka enchantments
- Weapons: Infused (main hand) and Precise (off hand) with Weapon Damage and Absorb Magicka enchantments
- Jewelry: Arcane with Spell Damage enchantments
This beginner’s Necromancer Magicka DPS build is designed to help you learn the basics of dealing damage in ESO. As you progress, you’ll be able to experiment with different sets, skills, and playstyles to find the perfect DPS build for your playstyle.
Remember to communicate with your group, adapt to different situations, and always strive to improve your gameplay. Damage dealing is a rewarding and essential role in ESO, and with practice and patience, you’ll become a reliable and effective Necromancer Magicka DPS.
As you gain experience, explore more advanced builds and strategies to further optimize your damage dealing capabilities. Happy adventuring!