Welcome to the updated Age of Conan Unchained Leveling Guide! This guide will help you level up to the maximum level of 80 in Age of Conan. Whether you’re a free-to-play or premium player, this guide will work for you.
This guide is primarily focused on soloing, but it also includes some group content.
Both questing and grinding are viable options for gaining experience in Age of Conan. In the beginning, questing will be more efficient, but as you level up, you can choose what you want to do.
- Make sure to upgrade your gear every 10-20 levels, if possible.
- If you can afford it, stock up on potions to help you during combat.
- Every four days, an offline level will be added to your account. You can save these levels and spend them when you reach level 70 or above.
- If you plan on solo grinding, choose an AOE class, as they are much faster when it comes to grinding.
- Use the world map to see where you can level. It shows level information for each zone.
Choosing the right class is crucial if you want to level up quickly. Check out our Age of Conan Best Solo Class Guide for more information.
Items and Gear:
Most weapons and equipment can be obtained through questing and drops. If you have a high-level character, you can send over some gold to your new character for gear, but this isn’t necessary.
You can also purchase gear through the item shop, but it can be expensive. In most cases, it’s best to stick with the gear you obtain through drops. If you feel under-geared, find a group and tackle some instances.
There are a few other items that can be useful for leveling up quickly:
The Ring of Acheron can be acquired by purchasing the collector’s edition of the game or buying it in the item shop for 1100 Funcom Points. It gives you a 2% experience boost.
Experience Potions can also be purchased in the item shop. They boost your XP for several hours and are worth considering.
Levels 1-5: Tutorial
The tutorial is very quick, and you’ll be done with the first five levels in about 10 minutes. Follow the instructions and defeat the enemies.
Levels 6-20: Tortage
Tortage is the starting area of Age of Conan. It’s fun the first time around, but it can be tedious the second or third time. Follow the quest lines to reach level 20.
After leaving Tortage, you’ll end up in a city depending on your race:
- Stygians start in Khemi.
- Aquilonians start in Old Tarantia.
- Cimmerians start in Conarch Village.
To travel between these areas:
- Khemi to Old Tarantia: Talk to the NPC on the Northeastern docks.
- Conarch Village to Tarantia: Talk to the Wagoneer.
- Old Tarantia to Khemi: Talk to the NPC on the Northwestern docks.
- Old Tarantia to Conarch Village: Wagoneer on the road through the southwestern gate.
You can pick up quests and complete quests in all these zones, which will lead to follow-up quests in Conal’s Valley, Khopesh Province, and Wild Land of Zelata. Doing these quests usually involves running around from city to city delivering things and will net you 2-3 levels.
You can do quests in any of these zones. It’s usually best to switch between questing in all three of them.
- Level 20: Picts in Tortage.
- Level 25: Vanir in Connal’s Valley
- Level 30: Nemedian Soldiers in Wild Lands.
When you’ve completed the quests in all these zones, you should be around level 40. If not, you can grind out the next levels until you are or just continue on.
At level 40, you can get a mount, which cuts down on travel time and helps you level up faster. Make sure to stock up on potions as well.
Two zones will become available: Tarantia Noble District and Fields of The Dead. Complete all the quests in these zones to reach around level 50.
Do quests and grind in these zones until around level 50.
You should now start doing the Villas in Tarantia Noble District. These are instances with repeatable solo quests. There are four villas that you can do every 4-5 hours. These give good XP and scale with your level:
- Villa Amiel
- Villa Camilus
- Villa Lentulus
- Villa Verde
Combine doing quests in Eglophian Mountains and Ymirs Pass with the Villas. You should be able to reach level 60 with little to no grinding this way.
- Level 40: Vanir in Fields of the Dead.
- Level 45: Haunted Forest.
- Level 55: Vanir Camp past the Mountain Hunting Lodge.
- Level 55: Cannibal Caves in Eiglophian Mountains.
The main zones for leveling up from 60-70 are Thunder River and Atzels Approach. Do quests here until around level 70.
Grinding is also a viable option at these levels, and you can level up just as fast or faster by grinding.
When you’ve finished in Thunder River and Atzels Approach, move on to Kheshatta. This is where you’ll stay until level 80.
If you have offline levels, use them now.
Do quests in Kheshatta along with group content and Villas until level 80.
- Level 60: Various Vanir Camps in Atzel’s Approach.
- Level 60: “The Wagon” in Atzels Approach.
- Level 70: Cohort Camp in Kheshatta.
- Level 75: Death Master Camps in Keshatta.
Congratulations on reaching level 80! We hope you found this guide helpful.
- Coastal Cave: Levels 10-15, located in the City of Tortage.
- Tortage Underhalls: Levels 10-20, located in the City of Tortage.
- Mausoleum: Levels 15-20, located in White Sands.
- Bubshur House: Levels 20-25, located in Khopshef’s Province.
- Abandoned Smuggler Tunnels: Levels 23-29, located in Wild Lands of Zelata.
- The Maze: Levels 27-29, located in Wild Lands of Zelata.
- Spider Caverns: Levels 28-30, located in Conall’s Valley.
- Border Range: Levels 32-34, located in Wild Lands of Zelata.
- Outflow Tunnels: Levels 35-37, located in Old Tarantia.
- Pyramid of the Ancients: Levels 36-37, located in Khopshef’s Province.
- Treasury of the Ancients: Levels 38-40, located in Khopshef’s Province.
- Noble Villas: Levels 40-80, located in Tarantia Noble District.
- Cannibal Cave: Levels 55-56, located in Eiglophian Mountains.
- Attilius Mansion: Levels 75-80, located in Tarantia Commons.
- The Slaughterhouse Cellar: Levels 78-80, located in Thunder River.
That’s it! Congratulations on reaching level 80. If you liked our Age of Conan Leveling Guide, be sure to leave a comment below. Also, keep in mind that the game is constantly being updated, so some of the information in this guide may become outdated over time.