So you want to increase your speed in Shadowlands? Speed is pure fun in WoW, especially when farming old content like dungeons or raids for mounts or transmog. It’s fun to just zoom through the zone, killing and looting everything in your way.
Combine this guide with our WoW Gold Farming Guide to make tons of gold!
Shadowlands Fastest Movement Speed Classes
There are a few classes in the game that can move a lot faster than others. Generally Druids, Warriors and Hunters are preferred for movement speed.
My favorite, but a very gear dependent class for speed- Whirlwind is very useful when AoE farming quickly.
With the Double Time talent and the Leaper legendary power you are able to leap or charge almost constantly.
Use the Macro below to charge at the nearest enemy:
Fury Warrior Movement Talents & Abilities
- Heroic Leap – Leap to a location
- Charge – Quickly charge at en enemy
- Double Time – Increases charges of Charge and reduces cooldown by 3 sec.
- Bounding Stride – Reduces cooldown of Heroic Leap by 15 sec and increase speed by 70% for 3 sec.
- War Machine – 30% Movement Speed for 8 seconds after killing an enemy.
Fury Warrior Legendary Powers
Leaper – Adds another 2 heroic leaps.
Good base movement speed because of Cat Form. Good allrounders with a bunch of utility. Swipe is useful when AoE farming. Can use Dreamwalk to quickly reset dungeons.
Feral Druid Movement Talents & Abilities
- Cat Form – Increases Movement Speed by 30%
- Feline Swiftness – Increases Movement Speed by 15%
- Dash – 60% Increased Movement Speed for 10 sec.
- Tiger Dash – 200% Movement Speed that reduces over 5 sec.
Feral Druid Legendary Powers
Oath of the Elder Druid – Increases Feline Swiftness by 75%
Feral Druid Soulbinds for Movement Speed
Tireless Pursuit – Retain 40% Movement Speed after leaving cat form
Can move very fast while stealthed, giving the option to bypass trash mobs.
Subtlety Rogue Movement Talents & Abilities
- Sprint – 70% Movement Speed for 8 sec.
- Shadowstep – 70% Increased Movement Speed for 2 sec.
- Fleet Footed – Increase Movement Speed by 15%
- Nightstalker – 20% Movement Speed in Stealth
Rogue Soulbinds for Movement Speed
Fade to Nothing – Stealth increases movement speed by 10% – 25%
Beast Mastery Hunter
Good soloers with some great passive movement speed. Can multishot while moving which is great for old content.
I use a very simple macro for multishotting whatever is in front of me while running:
Hunters are a fast class right out of the box with Trailblazer and a Cunning Pet for Pathfinding, and is’t as gear reliant as other classes.
Hunter Movement Talents & Abilities
- Trailblazer – Increases movement speed by 30%
- Aspect of the Cheetah – Increase speed by 90% for 5 sec, then 30% for another 9 sec. Can be improved with the Cheetah’s Vigor Soulbind.
- Born to be Wild – Reduce the cooldown of Aspect of the Cheetah by 20%
- Cunning Pet: Pathfinding – Increases movement speed by 8% if you have a cunning pet.
- Aspect of the Beast – Adds another 4% to Pathfinding
- Posthaste – Disengage increases movement speed by 50% for 4 sec
Hunter Soulbinds for Movement Speed
Cheetah’s Vigor – Aspect of the Cheetah lasts longer and the cooldown is reduced depending on the rank.
Fastest Movement Speed Race
There are a few races that move faster than others.
- Zandalari Trolls are now the fastest race due to the Embrace of Gonk racial.
- Dark Iron Dwarves are a good race for farming dungeons quickly because of the Dungeon Delver bonus.
- Night Elves are slightly faster than most races because of the Quickness bonus.
- Worgen have the Darkflight bonus.
Best Covenant and Soulbinds for Movement Speed
All covenant has some form of movement speed Soulbind abilities. You can see the main ones below
For class specific soulbinds see the class sections above.
Night Fae: Swift Patrol & Somnambulist which both are very good options for speed.
Night Fae also gets the Soulshape ability which increases speed by 50% making Night Fae the best covenant for movement speed.
Kyrian: Road of Trials is also a very good option as it persists in combat.
Venthyr: Fancy Footwork isn’t great so Venthyr seems to be the worst option.
Necrolord: Travel with Bloop isn’t great but Gristled Toes is decent in large pulls.
Movement Speed Gear, Enchants, And Gems
A lot of movement speed can be gained through gear.
In Shadowlands gems will be very important to reach high amounts of speed on your gear due to the Straddling Jewel Doublet which adds 12 speed for every other gem you have equipped.
You only need one Straddling Jewel Doublet and then you can stack any gem you want for more speed, so having gear with more gem slots is a big plus for movement speed.
Straddling Sage Agate & Straddling Viridium should also still be used. The two gems stack and gives a combined 8% movement speed.
If you haven’t found any current Shadowlands gear to slot these two gems into you can slot it into any gear over item level 50 so Benthic armor for BFA works fine as an example.
Head, Shoulder, and Chest
Outside of Shadowlands zones you can and should still use Azerite gear with the Longstrider perk with your Heart of Azeroth in your Head, Shoulder, and Chest.
Remember to stack your preferred secondary rating on other gear.
These are pretty easy to come by now like the Benthic armor in Nazjatar.
If you want to use your gear within the Shadowlands, use any gear with speed and / or a socket. Check the AH, do world quests with gear rewards or just run dungeons & raids and hope for +speed gear.
For your neck slot you should use the Heart of Azeroth with Azerite gear and Longstrider.
The Ripple in Space essence for the Heart of Azeroth will also boost speed by 5%.
For Shadowlands content, swap it out with any gear with +speed and / or a socket.
Cloaks can be enchanted with the new Fortified Speed Enchant in Shadowlands which adds 30 speed to any cloak.
Try to get a Shadowlands cloak with +speed. I found quite a few Fate-Sewn Shawls with 28 speed on the Auction House.
Wrist, Hands, Waist & Legs
Here you can use any gear available with +speed and / or sockets.
I am still using Benthic for Wrist and Legs with sockets to slot the Straddling Agate and Viridium since I haven’t gotten Shadowlands gear with sockets yet, and the rest is Shadowlands gear with +speed that I found on the auction house.
For boots, you generally want any feed with an item level lower than 50 and an enchant like Minor Speed or any of the enchants giving 10% speed.
Boots of the Gilded Path is an option if you can wear mail and if you can get it.
You can buy Shadowlands rings on the AH with sockets. I use these to slot one Straddling Jewel Doublet and one random gem.
Use any trinket you can get with +speed.
Hopebreaker’s Badge is a nice cheap trinket that you can get on the AH.
If you can’t use it, use any weapon with +speed.
Movement Speed Consumables & Items
- Fried Bonefish is the Shadowlands version of Bear Tartare. It increases movement speed after killing an enemy.
- Goblin Glider Kit does not affect movement speed but offers some increased movability.
- Loot-a-rang makes looting faster and easier in some cases. Getting the Leatrix addon will make it work better, as looting will be much quicker.
Movement Speed Addons
Addons won’t impact movement speed directly but there are a couple that is nice to have.
- Auto Loot Plus or Leatrix Plus will allow you to loot faster, almost instantly, so that you can move on to the next mob faster.
- Deja Character Stats will allow you to see the movement speed stat in-game.
- MonkeySpeed adds a small bar to your UI so that you can always clearly see your movement speed.
That’s it for our speed guide. Using these tips should easily bring you to 180%+ Movement Speed so that you can farm quickly.
If you have any questions or suggestions about increasing your speed stat in WoW, feel free to leave a comment below!