Welcome to our Paladin Oathkeeper Healing Guide, updated for mod 17: Undermountain / Uprising and mod 18 Infernal Descent. To learn more about the new mod, check out our mod 18 Infernal Descent guide.
For the latest Neverwinter news and events, go to the MMOCULT Neverwinter Hub.
The Paladin is one of the most popular of classic D&D classes, in addition to being a holy warrior, they’re also protectors and healers, capable of healing and shielding their allies from harm. It is recommended that you also use one loadout for a Justicar Tanking build so that you can fill both roles. You can also check out our Paladin solo build here.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities.
Try different gear, feats, and powers and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
Basic Paladin Oathkeeper Info
Best Paladin Oathkeeper Races
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – 3% + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Dragonborn – 3% HP + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Tiefling – 5% + Damage to targets below 50% health – +2 Cha and +2 Con or Int – 10% to reduce damage of target for 5 sec by 2.5%
- Human – 250 to all ratings (offensive & defensive) – +3 to any stat.
- Dwarf – 20% Resistance to Knock and Push – +2 Con and +2 Str or Wis – 2000 Defense bonus.
Paladin Oathkeeper Ability Score Priority
Put all your available Ability Scores into Wisdom and Dexterity
Paladin Oathkeeper Stat / Rating Priority
- Armor Penetration (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Strike (Caps at 85)
- Accuracy (Caps at 85)
- Combat Advantage (Caps at 135k)
- Power (No Cap)
- Defense (Caps at 85K )
- Deflection (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Avoidance (Caps at 90K)
- Awareness (Caps at 95K )
- Health (No Cap)
Paladin Oathkeeper Paragon Path Feats & Powers
Paladin Oathkeeper Combat Powers
- Valourous Strike
- Radiant Slam
- Divine Touch
- Bond of Virtue
- Circle of Divinity
- Shield fo Faith
- Lay on Hands
- Aura of Life
Paladin Oathkeeper Feats
- Critical Touch
- Prayer of Opportunity
- Enduring Spirit
- Divine Intervention
- Emissary of Warding
Paladin Oathkeeper Boons
You should always choose boons based on what stats you currently need. Therefore a selection of several viable boons is available to you for each tier.
Tier 1 Boons
- Recruit’s Training – 250 Power
- Critical Strike – 250 Crit
- Cultist Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Cultist Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. Cultists.
Tier 2 Boons
- Squire’s Training – 250 Power
- Armor Penetration – 250 Armor Penetration
- Demonic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Demonic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. demons.
Tier 3 Boons
- Knight’s Training – 250 Power
- Combat Advantage – 250 Combat Advantage
- Dino Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Simple Support – 2% Companion Influence
- Dino Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. dinos.
Tier 4 Boons
- Captain’s Training – 250 Power
- Accuracy – 250 Accuracy
- Necrotic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Necrotic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. undead.
Tier 5 Boons (Choose 2)
- Blessed Touch – 1% Outgoing Healing Per Rank
- Severe Criticism – 1% Crit Per Rank
- Blessed Advantage 3/3 or Blessed Resilience 3/3
- Offense – Power
- Defense – Hit Points
Paladin Oathkeeper Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our Astral Diamond Guide to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
- Lion Guard’s Barbute
- Protégé’s Visor Helm
- Helm of the Spy’s Guild
- Ebonized Scalemail
- Spiked Defender Vambrace
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Braces
- Protégé’s Trimmed Gloves
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Cuisses
- Infernal Forged Cuisses
- Lionheart Set (Best in Slot)
- Alabaster Set
- Burnished Set
Main Hand Modification:
- Valorous Strike
- Critical Severity
- Dragon Turtle Scale Ring
- Hydra Scale Ring
- Ebonized Rings
- Striking Ring of the Veteran
Neck & Waist
- Enchanted Thumb (Woven Vine, Blooming Cord, Staff of Flowers)
- Shirt of the Champion
- Infernal Forged Restoration Shirt
- Pants of the Sentinel
- Protégé’s Raid/Ward Trousers
- Velvet Trousers +1
Paladin Oathkeeper Artifacts
- Staff of Flowers
- Sigil of the Paladin
- Wyvern-Venom Coated Knives
Choose secondary artifacts based on the stats you are lacking.
- Arcturia’s Music Box
- Trobriands Ring
- Staff of Flowers
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
Paladin Oathkeeper Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- Radiant Enchantments
- Radiant Enchantments
- Tactical Enchantment
- Dark Enchantment
- Fey’s Blessing / Dragon’s Hoard / Quartermaster’s Enchantment
- Barkshield Enchantment
- Soulforged Enchantment
- Elven Battle Enchantment
- Vorpal Enchantment
- White Dragon Glyph
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor
- Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing
Armor Reinforcement Kits
- Power Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits
- Combat Advantage Jewel
Paladin Oathkeeper Consumables & Buffs
Consider getting VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir > Elixir of Fate
- Watermelon Sorbet
Paladin Oathkeeper Companions
Below is a selection of viable companion powers.
- Quickling – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Critical Strike
- Neverember Guard – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Awareness
- Tamed Velociraptor – 2000 Power per party member using it.
- Deepcrow Hatchling – 8000 Power
- Polar Bear Cub – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Defense
- Rebel Mercenary – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Accuracy
- Ioun Stone of Radiance – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Deflection
- Minstrel – 4000 Power and 2000 Awereness
- Broom – 4% Critical Severity
- Splinters – 4% Critical Severity and 2000 Critical Avoidance
- Alpha Compy – 5% Power
- Owlbear Cub – 10% chance to hit for 50% of you Power
Double offense slotted “Of the Companion” gear
Paladin Oathkeeper Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
- Gladiator’s Guile
- Barbarian’s Revelry
- Shepherd’s Devotion
Brutality / Dominance for Power, or alternatively any other with stats you need. You can also use Insignia’s to get your defensive stats to cap for survivability.
Paladin Oathkeeper Mount Powers
Mount Equip Power:
5000 or 10000 Power
Mount Combat Power:
- Warpainted/Commander Tyrannosaur
- Bat Swarm
- Swift Golden Lion
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Neverwinter Paladin Oathkeeper guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the Paladin class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.
For the latest Neverwinter news, go to the MMOCULT Neverwinter Hub.