All builds will be updated for Mod 20 Sharandar and the Combat Rework as soon as we have done enough testing.
Welcome to our Paladin Justicar Solo DPS Guide, updated for Mod 18: Infernal Descent and Mod 19 Avernus.
In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Paladin class, previously called Oathbound Paladin.
To learn more about the new mod, check out our mod 19 Avernus guide. .
Since the Paladin class only has a healing and a tanking paragon path, it can be a good idea to have a loadout for soloing, which is why we have made a solo build for the Paladin as well as the Oathkeeper Healing Build and the Justicar Tanking Build.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities.
Try different gear, feats,
Basic Paladin Solo Build Info
Other Paladin Builds
Best Paladin Justicar Races
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – 3% + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Dragonborn – 3% HP + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Tiefling – 5% + Damage to targets below 50% health – +2 Cha and +2 Con or Int – 10% to reduce damage of target for 5 sec by 2.5%
- Human – 250 to all ratings (offensive & defensive) – +3 to any stat.
- Dwarf – 20% Resistance to Knock and Push – +2 Con and +2 Str or Wis – 2000 Defense bonus.
Paladin Solo Build Ability Score Priority
Put at least 20 Points into Intelligence and Charisma.
Paladin Solo Build Stat / Rating Priority
- Armor Penetration (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Strike (Caps at 85)
- Accuracy (Caps at 85)
- Combat Advantage (Caps at 135k)
- Power (No Cap)
- Defense (Caps at 85K )
- Deflection (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Avoidance (Caps at 90K)
- Awareness (Caps at 95K )
- Health (No Cap)
Paladin Solo Build Paragon Path Feats & Powers
Paladin Solo Build Combat Powers
- Radiant Strike
- Shielding Strike
- Burning Light
- Relentless Avenger
- Divine Judgement
- Radiant Charge
- Blessed Wanderer
Paladin Solo Build Feats
- Sacred Shield
- Burning Vengeance
- Divine Pursuit
- Shield of the Gods
- Unyielding Champion
Paladin Solo Build Boons
You should always choose boons based on what stats you currently need. Therefor a selection of several viable boons is available to you for each tier. At end-game, you should hit the stat caps without needing any of the boons.
At end-game, you should hit the stat caps without needing any of the boons.
Tier 1 Boons
- Recruit’s Training – 250 Power
- Cultist Bulwark – 1000 HP
Tier 2 Boons
- Squire’s Training – 250 Power
- Demonic Bulwark – 1000 HP
Tier 3 Boons
- Knight’s Training – 250 Power
- Dino Bulwark – 1000 HP
Tier 4 Boons
- Captain’s Training – 250 Power
- Necrotic Bulwark – 1000 HP
Tier 5 Boons (Choose 2)
- Call of Power – 1% AP Gain
- Quick Turnaround – 1% Recovery Speed per rank.
- Enhanced Application 3/3
- Offense – Power
- Defense – Hit Points
Paladin Solo Build Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our Astral Diamond Guide to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
- Lion Guard’s Barbute
- Protégé’s Visor Helm / Helm of the Spy’s Guild
- Ebonized Chainmail (Best in Slot)
- Lion Guard’s Ward Cuirass
- Protégé’s / Spy’s Guild
- Spiked Defender Vambrace
- Rusted Iron Leggings
- Lionheart Set (Best in Slot)
- Alabaster / Burnished Set
Main Hand Modification
- Radiant Strike
- Health Points
- AP Gain
- Ring of the Shadowstalker +4/+5
- Bypass Gold Ring
- Striking Ring of the Veteran
- Tanner’s Hardened Leather Ring
- Gold-plated Ring
Neck & Waist
- Reflective Armaments (Reflective Collar, Mirror-Plated Belt, Erratic Drift Globe)
- Ebony Stained Shirt
- Infernal Forged Shirt
- Protege’s Shirt
- Infernal Forged Trousers
- Protégé’s Pants
Paladin Solo Build Artifacts
- Wyvern-Venom Coated Knives
Choose secondary artifacts based on the stats you are lacking.
- Arcturia’s Music Box
- Trobriands Ring
- Staff of Flowers
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
Paladin Solo Build Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- One Tenebrous Enchantment – Radiant Enchantments
- Radiant Enchantment
- Elven Battle Enchantment – Negation Enchantment
- Tactical Enchantment
- Vorpal Enchantment
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor
- Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing
- Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits
Any stat you might need.
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits
- Combat Advantage Jewel
Paladin Solo Build Consumables & Buffs
Consider to get VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir > Elixir of Fate
- Watermelon Sorbet
Paladin Solo Build Companions
Below is a selection of viable companion powers.
- Rimfire Golem’s Presence – 16000 HP and 2000 Armor Penetration
- Deepcrow Hatchling – 8000 Power
- Bard’s Discipline – 12000 HP and 15000 Awareness
- Iron Golem’s Presence – 16000 HP and 2000 Defense
- Minstrel – 4000 Power and 2000 Awareness
- Green Slime – 8000 Defense
- Phase Spider – 2000 Critical strike and 4000 combat advantage
- Xegyi’s Insight – 32000 HP
- Alpha Compy – 5% Power
- Owlbear Cub – 10% chance to hit for 50% of you Power
Double slotted “Of the Companion” gear
Empowered Runestone and runestones for any stat you might need.
Paladin Solo Build Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
- Assassin’s Covenant
- Cavalry’s Warning
- Artificer’s Persuasion
- Gladiator’s Guile
- Survivor’s Gift
- Survivor’s Blessing
- Oppressor’s Reprieve
- Barbarian’s Revelry
- Gladiator’s Guile
Paladin Solo Build Mount Powers
Mount Equip Power:
- 5000 or 10000 Power
- Stalwart – 50000 HP
Mount Combat Power:
- Aureal Armament (Swift Golden Lion)
- Warpainted Tyrannosaurus Rex’em (Warpainted Tyrannosaur)
- Trample (War Triceratops)
- Bat Swarm (Swarm)
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Neverwinter Paladin Solo Build guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the Paladin class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.