All builds will be updated for Mod 20 Sharandar and the Combat Rework as soon as we have done enough testing.
Welcome to our Warlock Soulweaver Guide, updated for mod 17: Undermountain / Uprising and mod 18 Infernal Descent. To learn more about the new mod, check out our mod 18 Infernal Descent guide.
The Warlock class was introduced in Tyranny of Dragons. They are a spellcasting class that uses their dark powers to damage their foes and can also heal themselves and their allies. We recommend that you have a separate DPS Hellbringer DPS loadout. See our Warlock Hellbringer DPS build here.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities.
Try different gear, feats,
Basic Warlock Soulweaver Info
Best Warlock Soulweaver Races
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – 3% + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Dragonborn – 3% HP + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Tiefling – 5% + Damage to targets below 50% health – +2 Cha and +2 Con or Int – 10% to reduce damage of target for 5 sec by 2.5%
- Sun Elf – 2% Action Point Gain – +2 Int and Dex or Cha – 10% Control Resistance
Warlock Soulweaver Ability Score Priority
Put all your available Ability Scores into Constitution and Wisdom.
Warlock Soulweaver Stat / Rating Priority
- Armor Penetration (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Strike (Caps at 85)
- Accuracy (Caps at 85)
- Combat Advantage (Caps at 135k)
- Power (No Cap)
- Defense (Caps at 85K )
- Deflection (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Avoidance (Caps at 90K)
- Awareness (Caps at 95K )
- Health (No Cap)
Warlock Soulweaver Paragon Path Feats & Powers
Warlock Soulweaver Combat Powers
- Essence Defiler
- Dark Spiral Aura
- Pillar of Power
- Shatter Spark
- Warlock’s Bargain
- Soul Pact
- Tyrannical Curse / Immolation Spirits
- Warding Curse
- All Consuming Curse
Warlock Soulweaver Feats
- Essence of Power
- Mending Mastery
- Lingering Sustain
- From the Brink
- Spark Energy
Warlock Soulweaver Boons
You should always choose boons based on what stats you currently need. Therefore a selection of several viable boons is available to you for each tier.
At end-game, you should hit the stat caps without needing any of the boons.
Tier 1 Boons
- Recruit’s Training – 250 Power
- Critical Strike – 250 Crit
- Cultist Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Cultist Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. Cultists.
Tier 2 Boons
- Squire’s Training – 250 Power
- Armor Penetration – 250 Armor Penetration
- Demonic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Demonic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. demons.
Tier 3 Boons
- Knight’s Training – 250 Power
- Combat Advantage – 250 Combat Advantage
- Dino Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Simple Support – 2% Companion Influence
- Dino Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. dinos.
Tier 4 Boons
- Captain’s Training – 250 Power
- Accuracy – 250 Accuracy
- Necrotic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Necrotic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. undead.
Tier 5 Boons (Choose 2)
- Blessed Touch – 1% Outgoing Healing Per Rank
- Severe Criticism – 1% Crit Per Rank
- Blessed Advantage 3/3 or Blessed Resilience 3/3
- Offense – Power
- Defense – Hit Points
Warlock Soulweaver Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our Astral Diamond Guide to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
- Lion’s Guard Mystic Cowl (Best in Slot)
- Protege’s Charmed Hat
- Broken Cap of the Omnipotent
- Ebony Stained Robes (Best in Slot)
- Lion’s Guard Wristguards
- Vivified Primal Raid Shabas
- Rusted Iron Leggings (Best in Slot)
- Tempter of the Twilight Gaiters
- Root Stompers
- Lionheart Set (Best in Slot)
- Alabaster / Burnished Set
Main Hand Modification:
- Guiding Ring of the Sharp-shooter
- Gold-Plated Ring
Neck & Waist
- Mad Mage Set
- Infernal Forged Assault Shirt
- Pants of the Sentinel
- Protégé’s Raid/Ward Trousers
- Velvet Trousers +1
Warlock Soulweaver Artifacts
- Envenomed Storyteller’s Journal
- Wyvern-Venom Coated Knives
- Staff of Flowers
Choose secondary artifacts based on the stats you are lacking.
Music Box Arcturia’s
- Trobriands Ring
- Staff of Flowers
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
Warlock Soulweaver Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
One Tenebrous Enchantment – Radiant Enchantments
- Tactical Enchantment
- Dark Enchantment
- Fey’s Blessing / Dragon’s Hoard / Quartermaster’s Enchantment
Barkshield Enchantment – Soulforged Enchantment
- White Dragon Glyph
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor
- Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing
Armor Reinforcement Kits
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits
Combat Advantage Jewel
Warlock Soulweaver Consumables & Buffs
Consider getting VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir > Elixir of Fate
- Watermelon Sorbet
Warlock Soulweaver Companions
Below is a selection of viable companion powers.
- Quickling – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Critical Strike
- Neverember Guard – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Awareness
- Tamed Velociraptor – 2000 Power per party member using it.
- Deepcrow Hatchling – 8000 Power
- Polar Bear Cub – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Defense
- Rebel Mercenary – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Accuracy
- Ioun Stone of Radiance – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Deflection
- Minstrel – 4000 Power and 2000 Awereness
- Broom – 4% Critical Severity
- Splinters – 4% Critical Severity and 2000 Critical Avoidance
- Alpha Compy – 5% Power
- Owlbear Cub – 10% chance to hit for 50% of you Power
Double offense slotted “Of the Companion” gear
Warlock Soulweaver Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choices for a first legendary mount as a Warlock Soulweaver is a Swarm or a Tenser’s Floating Disk.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
- Gladiator’s Guile
- Barbarian’s Revelry
- Shepherd’s Devotion
Brutality / Dominance for Power, or alternatively any other with stats you need. You can also use Insignia’s to get your defensive stats to cap for survivability.
Warlock Soulweaver Mount Powers
Mount Equip Power:
5000 or 10000 Power
Mount Combat Power:
Bat Swarm (Swarm) (Best in Slot) > Tenser’s Transformation
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Neverwinter Warlock Soulweaver guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the Warlock class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.