Welcome to our Warlock Hellbringer Guide, updated for Mod 24: Northdark Reaches
For For the latest Neverwinter news, go to the MMORPG.GG Neverwinter Hub.
Are you looking for Neverwinter Warlock Hellbringer DPS guide? You’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we will teach you everything you need to know about dealing damage as a Warlock in Neverwinter.
We’ll go over important skills, stats, and rotations that will help you crush your enemies. So what are you waiting for? Start reading now and become a master of damage dealing!
Hellbringer is the Warlock DPS build, but they can also heal as a Soulweaver. See our Warlock Soulweaver build here.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities.
Try different gear, feats, and powers, and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
- Basic Hellbringer Info
- Paragon Path Feats, Powers & Rotation
- Weapons & Gear
- Consumables & Buffs
Basic Warlock Hellbringer Info
Below is all the basic information for the Hellbringer, from race choices to stats.
Other Warlock Builds
Best Hellbringer Races
What race you play doesn’t play a huge role, but will give you a small boost. Generally, I would advise you to play a race that you enjoy.
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – Recieve 5% more healing – +2 to Any two Ability Score – 3% Critical Strike – 3% Power
- Dragonborn – Recieve 5% more healing – +2 to Any Ability Score – 3% Critical Strike – 3% Power
- Human – 1% Bonus to all stats – +3 To any Ability Score
- Tiefling – 5% + Damage to targets below 50% health – +2 Cha and +2 Con or Int – 10% to reduce damage of target for 5 sec by 2.5%
- Gith – 5% Combat Advantage – +2 Dex and +2 Str or Int – 5% Stamina Regen
- Wood Elf – 5% Critical Strike – +2 Dex and +2 Int or Wis – 20% Resistance to Slow
- Half-Orc – 5% Crit Severity – +2 Dex and +2 Con or Str – 10% Movement Speed for 3 sec when entering combat
Hellbringer Ability Score Priority
Put all your available Ability Scores into Intelligence and Charisma.
Hellbringer Stat / Rating Priority
The Combat Rework introduced major changes to how stats and item level work, for more info see the official post.
Your cap for each stat is based on your item level. To cap a stat, the numbers of the stat need to be equal to or higher than your item level.
If your stat number is higher than your item level, you are wasting stats and should try to allocate stats differently.
For every 1000 points, a stat is lower than your item level you lose 1% in that stat.
You won’t be able to easily cap all stats, but capping your power is quite easy.
- Power (90%)
- Combat Advantage (90%)
- Critical Strike (90%)
- Critical Severity (90%)
- Accuracy (90%)
- Defense (90%)
- Deflection (90%)
- Critical Avoidance (90%)
- Awareness (90%)
- Health (90%)
Warlock Hellbringer Paragon Path Feats, Powers & Rotation
This part is all about optimizing the Hellbringer with the best feats, powers, and boons.
Warlock Hellbringer Combat Powers
- Hellish Rebuke (ST) – Eldritch Blast (AoE)
- Hand of Blight – Dark Helix (AoE)
- Killing Flames
- Blades of Vanquished Armies – Hellfire Ring (AoE)
- Hadar’s Grasp (ST) – Fiery Bolt (AoE)
- Tyrannical Curse (ST)
- Soul Siphon (AoE)
- All Consuming Curse (ST) – No Pity No Mercy (AoE)
- Deadly Curse
Warlock Hellbringer Feats
- Double Scorch
- Warlock’s Curse
- Risky Investment
- Creeping Death
- Soul Spark Recovery
Warlock Hellbringer Rotation
Single Target Rotation:
Killing Flames > Blades of Vanquished Armies > Hadar’s Grasp > Hellish Rebuke To Build Soul Sparks > Use daily when available
Hellfire Ring > Blades of Vanquished Armies > Fiery Bolt > Use daily when available
Warlock Hellbringer Boons
You should always choose boons based on what stats you currently need. Therefore a selection of several viable boons is available to you for each tier.
Tier 1 Boons
- Recruit’s Training – 0.2% Power Per Rank
- Critical Strike – 0.2% Critical Strike Per Rank
- Critical Avoidance – 0.2% Critical Avoidance Per Rank
- Cultist Bulwark – 0.2% HP Per Rank
- Cultist Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. Cultists.
Tier 2 Boons
- Squire’s Training – 0.2% Power Per Rank
- Armor Penetration – 0.2% Critical Severity Per Rank
- Defense – 0.2% Defense Per Rank
- Demonic Bulwark – 0.2% HP Per Rank
- Demonic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. demons.
Tier 3 Boons
- Knight’s Training – 0.2% Power Per Rank
- Combat Advantage – 0.2% Combat Advantage Per Rank
- Awareness – 0.2% Awareness Per Rank
- Dino Bulwark – 0.2 HP Per Rank
- Dino Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. dinos.
Tier 4 Boons
- Captain’s Training – 0.2% Power Per Rank
- Accuracy – 0.2% Accuracy Per Rank
- Deflect – 0.2% Deflect Per Rank
- Necrotic Bulwark – 0.2% HP Per Rank
- Necrotic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. undead.
Tier 5 Boons (Choose 2)
- Masterclass – 1% Forte per rank
- Quick Turnaround – 1% Recharge Speed
- Blood Lust 3/3
- Offense – Power or Critical Strike Bonus
- Defense – Defence or Hit Point Bonus
Warlock Hellbringer Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
Note that the best in slot for your build might vary depending on what stats you have.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our Astral Diamond Guide to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
- The Dark Maiden Resolution Barbute
- Serene Hood of the Dragon Hunter
- Goristro’s Horns (Avernus Hunts)
- Blessed Whisper’s Hood of Quiet (Avernus Hunts)
- Tactful Leathers of the Dragon Hunter
- Mighty Cuirass of the Dragon Hunter
- Blessed Bone Devil’s Ribcage (Avernus Hunts)
- Tactful Gloves of the Dragon Hunter
- Wristguards of Precipitation
- Spiked Defenders Vambrace
- The Dark Maiden Resolution Greaves (Temple of the Spider)
- Wasteland Wanderers
- Rusted Iron Leggings (Avernus Rare Monsters)
- Stormforged Set (AOE)
- Masterwork Set
- Lionheart Set
- Scalebreaker’s Wrath
Main Hand Modification:
- Hellish Rebuke
- Critical Severity & Enhanced Critical Strike
- Eilistraee’s Elegance + Elistraee’s Beauty (AOE)
- Soothsayer’s Ring of Absolution
- Waywatchers Ring of Precision
- Waywatchers Ring of Punishment
- Mightbreaker’s Ring of Elegance
- The Red Eye’s Glare
- Band of Air
Neck & Waist
- Demogorgon’s Wrath Set: Heart’s Twine& Sinous Chord
- Star Set: Starshard Choker & Twinkle of the Stars (Trickster’s Gift)
- Mighty Dwarven Body Pattern
- Shirt of the Dragon Cult
- Mighty Dwarven Limb Pattern
- War-Worn Pants
- Velvet Pants +1
Warlock Hellbringer Artifacts
- Envenomed Storyteller’s Journal
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
- Demogorgon’s Reach
Choose secondary artifacts based on the stats you are lacking.
- Mythallar Fragment
- Neverwinter’s Standard
- Jewel of the North
- Demogorgon’s Reach
Or choose 2 Storyteller’s Journals for the bonus
- Frozen Storyteller’s Journal
- Flayed Storyteller’s Journal
- Darkened Storyteller’s Journal
- Envenomed Storyteller’s Journal
Other Artifact Choices
- Arcturia’s Music Box
- Trobriands Ring
- Staff of Flowers
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
- Shard of Orcus’ Wand
Warlock Hellbringer Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind.
For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots.
If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- Cobalt Enchantment
- Garnet Enchantment
- Citrine Enchantment
- Amethyst Enchantment
- Jade Enchantment
- Garnet Enchantment
- Garnet Enchantment
- Recharge Bonus
- Poisoned Thorn
- Cursed Burn
- Rage of Flames or Devil’s Precision
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor
- Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing
- Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits
- Critical Strike or Severity / Accuracy Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits
- Combat Advantage Jewel
Warlock Hellbringer Consumables & Buffs
Consider getting VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Pick one from each of the categories below depending on the stats you are lacking.
Invocation Blessing: Grace of Battle / Gift of Awareness / Righteous Boon / Gamber’s Fortune
Stronghold Food: Seared Tuna / Prime Rib / Ratatouille
Event Food: Watermelon Sorbet / Hotwings / Squash Soup / Mochi
Elixir: Wild Storm Elixir
Potion: Superior Flask of Potency +1
Reusable Item: Awakened Forger’s Box > Empowered Chain of Scales > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
Warlock Hellbringer Companions
For your summoned companion you have the choice between using Augmented companions which will make it easier to cap stats or an active combat companion which will do damage.
Augment Companion Choices
This is just a selection of augment companions. Use one that has the stats you need.
- Owlbear Cub
- Bulette Pup
- Deepcrow Hatchling
- Ioun Stones
Active Companion Choices
- Honey Badger
- Tomb Spider
- Spined Devil
- Wayward Wizard (AoE)
- Regis (AoE)
- Acute Senses
- Potent Precision
Below is a selection of viable companion powers.
- Wulfgar (Wulfgar’s Wrecking) – 4.7% Combat Advantage & Accuracy
- Drizzt (Drizzt’s Devestation) – 4.7% Critical Change & Severity
- Neverwinter Knight (Neverwinter Knight’s Discipline) – 7.5% Outgoing Damage
- Wild Hunt Rider (Wild Hunt Discipline) – 2/3/5% chance to increase damage by 10% for 5 seconds.
- Siege Master (Siege Master’s Discipline) – Combined Rating – Increases the power of your At-Will powers by 11% (Doubled on Stronghold Map)
- Black Dragon Ioun Stone (Black Dragon’s Insight) – 7.5% Critical Chance
- Staldorf (Staldorf’s Presence) – 7.5% Combat Advantage
- Razorwood (Twigblight’s Insight) – 3.8% Critical Severity & Accuracy
- Hawk (Hawk’s Insight’s) – 3.8% Critical Severity & Critical Chance
- Armored Orc Wolf (Orc Wolf’s Instincts) – 3.8% Critical Chance & Accuracy
- Batiri (Batiri’s Wisdom) – 11% Damage Versus Bosses
- Misc (The Bigger They Are) – More damage against big mobs (bosses)
- Dancing Blade (Dancing Blade’s Insight) – 3.8% Critical Severity & Combat Advantage
- Flame Sprite (Flamesprite’s Insight) – 3.8% Critical Chance & Accuracy
- Golden Cat (Golden Cat’s Insight’s) – 7,5% Combat Advantage
- Phasespider (Phasespider’s Presence) – 3.8% Critical Chance & Combat Advantage
- Fire Archon (Fire Archon’s Insight) – 10% on At-Will use to increase Combat Advantage for 10 seconds
- Alchemist Experimenter (Alchemist’s Discipline) – 3.8% Critical Chance & Combat Advantage
- Book Imp (Bookimp’s Presence) – 3.8% Accuracy & 3.8% Combat Advantage
- Golden Cat (Golden Cat’s Insight) – 7.5% Combat Advantage
Double offense slotted “Of the Companion” gear
- Companion Enchancement
Warlock Hellbringer Mounts
When it comes to mounts, you should focus on getting them all to Mythic quality to increase Bolster.
Bolster Contribution depends on the quality of the mount, with Mythic mounts contributing 10% Bolster, this again increases the values of your Equip Power and Combat Power.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune and or Traveler’s Treasures before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
Insignia bonuses are mostly down to preference. Some boost damage a bit, and some boost survivability, while others add utility.
- Artificers Persuasion
- Assassin’s Covenant
- Warlord’s Inspiration
- Calvary’s Warning
- Gladiator’s Guile
- Barbarian’s Revelry
- Survivor’s Blessing
- Survivor’s Gift
- Knight’s Rebuke
- Oppressor’s Reprieve
- Wanderer’s Fortune
- Traveler’s Treasures
- Insignia of Dominance
- Insignia of Brutality
- Insignia of Aggression
- Insignia of Skill
- Sturdy Crescent Collar
- Wayfaring Barbed Collar
- Unified Crescent Collar
- Supportive Crescent Collar
Warlock Hellbringer Mount Powers
Mount Equip Power:
- Ferocious Predator (Power & Critical Severity)
- Armor Breaker (Critical Severity)
- Rapid Accuracy (Accuracy)
- Precision (Critical Strike & Severity)
- Ruthless Efficiency (Critical Strike
- Dominant Force (Power)
Mount Combat Power:
- Golden Touch (Golden Warhorse)
- Divine Intervention (Celestial Wings)
- Tunnel Vision (Several)
- Cauldron Fumes (Hag’s Hexing Cauldron)
- Giant Toad Tongue Lash (Giant Toad)
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Neverwinter Warlock Hellbringer guide, please leave a comment below!
More info about the Warlock class can be found in the Neverwinter Warlock Facebook group.