All builds will be updated for Mod 20 Sharandar and the Combat Rework as soon as we have done enough testing.
Welcome to our Cleric Arbiter DPS Guide, updated for Mod 18: Infernal Descent and Mod 19 Avernus.
To learn more about the new mod, check out our mod 19 Avernus guide.
The Arbiter is the DPS build for the Cleric, capable of dealing out some good and holy damage. It is recommended that you run a loadout for a Devout Healing build as well, so keep this in mind when building your character, choosing gear that will compliment both builds so that you don’t have to switch out everything.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities.
Try different gear, feats, and powers and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
Basic Cleric Arbiter Info
Other Cleric Builds
Best Cleric Arbiter Races
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – 3% + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Dragonborn – 3% HP + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Tiefling – 5% + Damage to targets below 50% health – +2 Cha and +2 Con or Int – 10% to reduce damage of target for 5 sec by 2.5%
- Sun Elf – 2% Action Point Gain – +2 Int and Dex or Cha – 10% Control Resistance
Cleric Arbiter Ability Score Priority
Put all your available Ability Scores into Intelligence and Dexterity
Cleric Arbiter Stat / Rating Priority
- Armor Penetration (Caps at 90K)
- Critical Strike (Caps at 90k)
- Accuracy (Caps at 90k)
- Combat Advantage (Caps at 140k)
- Power (No Cap)
- Defense (Caps at 90K)
- Deflection (Caps at 90K)
- Critical Avoidance (Caps at 95K)
- Awareness (Caps at 100K)
- Health (No Cap)
Cleric Arbiter Paragon Path, Powers & Rotation
Cleric Arbiter Combat Powers
- Lance of Faith (Single-Target)
- Scattering Light or Conflagrate (AoE)
- Forgemaster’s Flame
- Daunting Light
- Break the Spirit / Prophecy of Doom
- Guardian of Faith
- Hallowed Ground or Flame Strike
- Pilgrim’s Light (Solo) or Doomsayer
- Divine Equilibrium
Cleric Arbiter Feats
- Focused Light
- Sudden Verdict
- Burning Path
- Perfect Balance
Cleric Arbiter Boons
You should always choose boons based on what stats you currently need. Therefore a selection of several viable boons is available to you for each tier.
At end-game, you should hit the stat caps without needing any of the boons.
Tier 1 Boons
- Recruit’s Training – 250 Power
- Critical Strike – 250 Crit
- Cultist Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Cultist Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. Cultists.
Tier 2 Boons
- Squire’s Training – 250 Power
- Armor Penetration – 250 Armor Penetration
- Demonic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Demonic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. demons.
Tier 3 Boons
- Knight’s Training – 250 Power
- Combat Advantage – 250 Combat Advantage
- Dino Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Simple Support – 2% Companion Influence
- Dino Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. dinos.
Tier 4 Boons
- Captain’s Training – 250 Power
- Accuracy – 250 Accuracy
- Necrotic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Necrotic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. undead.
Tier 5 Boons (Choose 2)
- Severe Criticism – 1% Crit Severity per rank
- Call of Power – 1% Action Point gain per rank
- Blood Lust 3/3
- Offense – Power
- Defense – Hit Points
Cleric Arbiter Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our Astral Diamond Guide to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Coif (Best in Slot)
- Fancy Duelist Mast of Cormyr
- Infernal Forged Hood
- Stealer of the Star’s Hides
- Ebony Stained Hide
- Ebonized Scalemail
- Spiked Defender Vambrace
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Braces
- Rusted Iron Leggings
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Cuisses
- Celestial Set
- Lionheart Set
- Legion Guard Set
- Alabaster / Burnished Set
Main Hand Modification:
- Lance of Faith
- Critical Severity
- Ring of Fallen Power +5
- Ring of the Brutal Fiend +5
- Guiding Ring of the Sharp-shooter
- Gold-Plated Ring
- Ebonized Rings
Neck & Waist
- Mad Mage
- Dark Remnants Set
- Ebony Stained Shirt
- Infernal Forged Assault Shirt
- Pants of the Sentinel
- Ebony Stained Pants
- Protégé’s Raid/Ward Trousers
- Velvet Trousers +1
Cleric Arbiter Artifacts
- Envenomed or Frozen Storyteller’s Journal
- Wyvern-Venom Coated Knives
Choose secondary artifacts based on the stats you are lacking.
- Frozen Storyteller’s Journal
- Flayed Storyteller’s Journal
- Darkened Storyteller’s Journal
- Arcturia’s Music Box
- Trobriands Ring
- Staff of Flowers
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
Cleric Arbiter Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- One Tenebrous Enchantment
- Radiant Enchantments
- Radiant Enchantments
- Azure or Brutal Enchantments
- Tactical Enchantment
- Dark Enchantment
- Fey’s Blessing / Dragon’s Hoard / Quartermaster’s Enchantment
- Barkshield Enchantment
- Soulforged Enchantment
- Vorpal Enchantment
- Demonic Empowerment / Bulwark Of Brimstone from Hell Pit
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor
- Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing
- Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits
- Power Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits
- Combat Advantage Jewel
Cleric Arbiter Consumables & Buffs
Consider to get VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir > Elixir of Fate
- Squash Soup > Watermelon Sorbet
Cleric Arbiter Companions
The most important thing to consider for a summoned companion is to get an Augment Companion. There are a bunch to choose from, some have more useful powers than others.
- Bulette Pup
- Deepcrow Hatchling
- Owlbear Cub
- Ioun Stones
- Potent Precision
Below is a selection of viable companion powers.
- Tamed Velociraptor – 2000 Power per party member using it.
- Staldorf – 8000 Combat advantage
- Deepcrow Hatchling – 8000 Power
- Batiri – 4% Damage against bosses
- Minstrel – 4000 Power and 2000 Awereness
- Broom – 4% Critical Severity
- Splinters – 4% Critical Severity and 2000 Critical Avoidance
- Green Slime – 8000 Defense
- Phase Spider – 2000 Critical strike and 4000 combat advantage
- Alpha Compy – 5% Power
- Owlbear Cub – 10% chance to hit for 50% of you Power
Double offense slotted “Of the Companion” gear
- Empowered Runestone
- Profane Runestone
Cleric Arbiter Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power. The best choice for a first legendary mount as a Cleric Arbiter is a Swarm or a Tenser’s Floating Disk.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
- Gladiator’s Guile
- Assassin’s Covenant
- Artificer’s Persuasion
- Barbarian’s Revelry
- Shepherd’s Devotion
- Berserker’s Rage
Brutality / Dominance for Power, or alternatively any other with stats you need. You can also use Insignia’s to get your defensive stats to cap for survivability.
Cleric Arbiter Mount Powers
Mount Equip Power:
5000 or 10000 Power
Mount Combat Power:
- Bat Swarm (Swarm) (Best in Slot)
- Tenser’s Transformation
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Neverwinter Cleric Arbiter guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the Cleric class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit.