Welcome to our Cleric Devout Healing Guide, updated for mod 17: Undermountain / Uprising and mod 18 Infernal Descent. To learn more about the new mod, check out our mod 18 Infernal Descent guide.
For the latest Neverwinter news and events, go to the MMOCULT Neverwinter Hub.
The Devout Cleric is a typical healing class, that focuses on keeping your allies alive. They also have some strong buffs. It is recommended that you have one loadout for a Cleric Arbiter build as well for when you need to DPS or are soloing.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities.
Try different gear, feats, and powers and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
Basic Cleric Devout Info
Other Cleric Builds
Best Cleric Devout Races
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – 3% + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Dragonborn – 3% HP + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Human – 250 to all ratings (offensive & defensive) – +3 to any stat.
- Tiefling – 5% + Damage to targets below 50% health – +2 Cha and +2 Con or Int – 10% to reduce damage of target for 5 sec by 2.5%
- Sun Elf – 2% Action Point Gain – +2 Int and Dex or Cha – 10% Control Resistance
Cleric Devout Ability Score Priority
Put all your available Ability Scores into Wisdom and Dexterity.
Cleric Devout Stat / Rating Priority
- Armor Penetration (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Strike (Caps at 85)
- Accuracy (Caps at 85)
- Combat Advantage (Caps at 135k)
- Power (No Cap)
- Defense (Caps at 85K )
- Deflection (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Avoidance (Caps at 90K)
- Awareness (Caps at 95K )
- Health (No Cap)
Cleric Devout Paragon Path Feats & Powers
Cleric Devout Combat Powers
- Sacred Flame (ST) / Scattering Light (AoE)
- Blessing of Light (Healing)
- Bastion of Health
- Cleansing Light / Exaltation / Divine Glow (Situational)
- Guardian of Life
- Guardian of Faith or Hallowed Ground
- Overflowing Spirit
- Hallowed Guide / Desperate Prayers
Cleric Devout Feats
- Repeated Blessings
- Battle Prayer
- Blessed Armaments
- Persistent Guardian
- Light of Devotion
Cleric Devout Boons
You should always choose boons based on what stats you currently need. Therefore a selection of several viable boons is available to you for each tier.
Tier 1 Boons
- Recruit’s Training – 250 Power
- Critical Strike – 250 Crit
- Cultist Bulwark – 1000 HP
Tier 2 Boons
- Squire’s Training – 250 Power
- Armor Penetration – 250 Armor Penetration
- Demonic Bulwark – 1000 HP
Tier 3 Boons
- Knight’s Training – 250 Power
- Combat Advantage – 250 Combat Advantage
- Dino Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Simple Support – 2% Companion Influence
Tier 4 Boons
- Captain’s Training – 250 Power
- Accuracy – 250 Accuracy
- Necrotic Bulwark – 1000 HP
Tier 5 Boons (Choose 2)
- Blessed Touch – 1% Outgoing Healing Per Rank
- Call of Power – 1% Action Point Gain Per Rank
- Blessed Advantage 3/3
- Offense – Power
- Defense – Hit Points
Cleric Devout Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our Astral Diamond Guide to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Coif (Best in Slot)
- Fancy Duelist Mast of Cormyr
- Infernal Forged Coif
- Stealer of the Star’s Hides
- Ebonized Scalemail
- Gurdunn’s Defense
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Braces
- Spiked Defender Vambrace
- Infernal Forged Braces
- Lion Guard’s Restoration Cuisses
- Mighty Storm Slippers
- Infernal Forged Cuisses
- Lionheart Set (Best in Slot)
- Alabaster Set
- Burnished Set
Main Hand Modification:
- Sacred Flame
- Critical Severity
- Dragon Turtle Scale Ring
- Hydra Scale Ring
- Ebonized Rings
- Striking Ring of the Veteran
Neck & Waist
- Enchanted Thumb (Woven Vine, Blooming Cord, Staff of Flowers)
- Shirt of the Champion
- Infernal Forged Restoration Shirt
- Pants of the Sentinel
- Protégé’s Raid/Ward Trousers
- Velvet Trousers +1
Cleric Devout Artifacts
- Wyvern-Venom Coated Knives
- Staff of Flowers
- Sigil of the Devoted
Choose secondary artifacts based on the stats you are lacking.
- Arcturia’s Music Box
- Trobriands Ring
- Staff of Flowers
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
Cleric Devout Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- Radiant Enchantments
- Radiant Enchantments
- Tactical Enchantment
- Dark Enchantment
- Fey’s Blessing / Dragon’s Hoard / Quartermaster’s Enchantment
- Soulforged Enchantment
- Barkshield Enchantment
- Vorpal Enchantment
- White Dragon Glyph
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor
- Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing
Armor Reinforcement Kits
- Power Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits
- Combat Advantage Jewel
Cleric Devout Consumables & Buffs
Consider getting VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir > Elixir of Fate
- Squash Soup > Watermelon Sorbet
Cleric Devout Companions
Below is a selection of viable companion powers.
- Quickling – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Critical Strike
- Neverember Guard – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Awareness
- Tamed Velociraptor – 2000 Power per party member using it.
- Deepcrow Hatchling – 8000 Power
- Polar Bear Cub – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Defense
- Rebel Mercenary – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Accuracy
- Ioun Stone of Radiance – 10% Outgoing Healing and 2000 Deflection
- Minstrel – 4000 Power and 2000 Awereness
- Broom – 4% Critical Severity
- Splinters – 4% Critical Severity and 2000 Critical Avoidance
- Alpha Compy – 5% Power
- Owlbear Cub – 10% chance to hit for 50% of you Power
Double offense slotted “Of the Companion” gear
Cleric Devout Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
- Gladiator’s Guile
- Barbarian’s Revelry
- Shepherd’s Devotion
Brutality / Dominance for Power, or alternatively any other with stats you need. You can also use Insignia’s to get your defensive stats to cap for survivability.
Cleric Devout Mount Powers
Mount Equip Power:
5000 or 10000 Power
Mount Combat Power:
- Warpainted/Commander Tyrannosaur
- Bat Swarm
- Swift Golden Lion
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Neverwinter Cleric Devout guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the Cleric class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.
For the latest Neverwinter news, go to the MMOCULT Neverwinter Hub.