The Complete Fighter Dreadnought DPS Build – Neverwinter Mod 18 Infernal Descent
Welcome to our Fighter Dreadnought Guide, updated for mod 17: Undermountain / Uprising and mod 18 Infernal Descent. To learn more about the new mod, check out our mod 18 Infernal Descent guide. In this guide, we will give you tips and info on how to play the Fighter class.
For the latest Neverwinter news and events, go to the MMOCULT Neverwinter Hub.
The Dreadnought is the DPS build for the Fighter class in Neverwinter. They use a sword and shield to deliver blows to their enemies. See our Fighter Vanguard Tank build if you want to run a tanking loadout as well.
The purpose of our class guides is not just to show you a build that you can copy and use on your character, but to show you a base build and teach you the mechanics and stats of the game, so you can understand and play your class to its fullest capabilities.
Try different gear, feats, and powers and learn to tailor your own build for your playstyle. See our guide to making your own build for more info.
Fighter Dreadnought Guide Index
Basic Fighter Dreadnought Info
Best Fighter Dreadnought Races
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn – 3% + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Dragonborn – 3% HP + Healing – +2 to Any two stats – 1500 Crit – 3% Increased Damage
- Tiefling – 5% + Damage to targets below 50% health – +2 Cha and +2 Con or Int – 10% to reduce damage of target for 5 sec by 2.5%
- Half-Orc – 5% Crit Severity – +2 Dex and +2 Con or Str – 10% Movement Speed for 3 sec when entering combat
Fighter Dreadnought Ability Score Priority
Put all your available Ability Scores into Strength and Dexterity
Fighter Dreadnought Stat / Rating Priority
- Armor Penetration (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Strike (Caps at 85)
- Accuracy (Caps at 85)
- Combat Advantage (Caps at 135k)
- Power (No Cap)
- Defense (Caps at 85K )
- Deflection (Caps at 85K)
- Critical Avoidance (Caps at 90K)
- Awareness (Caps at 95K )
- Health (No Cap)
Fighter Dreadnought Paragon Path Feats & Powers
Fighter Dreadnought Combat Powers
- Heavy Slash
- Brazen Slash
- Commander’s Strike (Single Target) – Onslaught (AoE)
- Bull Charge (Single Target) – Shield Slam (AoE)
- Anvil of Doom
- Mow Down
- Enduring Vengeance
- Momentum (Single Target) – Combat Superiority (AoE)
Fighter Dreadnought Feats
- Weight of Vengeance
- Prepared Slam
- Roiling Hatred
- Striker’s Mark
- Executioner’s Cut
Fighter Dreadnought Boons
You should always choose boons based on what stats you currently need. Therefore a selection of several viable boons is available to you for each tier.
At end-game, you should hit the stat caps without needing any of the boons.
Tier 1 Boons
- Recruit’s Training – 250 Power
- Critical Strike – 250 Crit
- Cultist Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Cultist Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. Cultists.
Tier 2 Boons
- Squire’s Training – 250 Power
- Armor Penetration – 250 Armor Penetration
- Demonic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Demonic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. demons.
Tier 3 Boons
- Knight’s Training – 250 Power
- Combat Advantage – 250 Combat Advantage
- Dino Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Simple Support – 2% Companion Influence
- Dino Power – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. dinos.
Tier 4 Boons
- Captain’s Training – 250 Power
- Accuracy – 250 Accuracy
- Necrotic Bulwark – 1000 HP
- Necrotic Mastery – 1% Increased damage and damage resistance vs. undead.
Tier 5 Boons (Choose 2)
- Severe Criticism – 1% Crit Severity per rank
- Welcome Blessings – 1% Incoming Healing
- Blood Lust 3/3
- Offense – Power
- Defense – Hit Points
Fighter Dreadnought Weapons & Gear
If you are new to Neverwinter and need to know how to get better gear and increase your item level, check out our Gearing Up Guide.
The best way to gear up in Neverwinter is by making a lot of Astral Diamonds, check out our Astral Diamond Guide to learn all the secrets of AD farming.
- Lion Guard’s Sallet
- Fancy Duelist’s Mask of Cormyr (Bosses)
- Ebonized Breastplate
- Spiked Defender Vambrace (Best in Slot)
- Rusted Iron Leggings (Best in Slot)
- Lionheart Set (Best in Slot)
- Alabaster Set
- Burnished Set
Main Hand Modification:
- Heavy Slash
- Critical Severity
- Striking Ring of the Veteran
- Ring of the Shadowstalker +4/+5
Neck & Waist
- Dark Remnant’s Set (Book of Vile Darkness, Whip of Erinyes, The Engine Master’s Mantle)
- Orcus Set (Demogorgon’s Girdle of Might, Baphomet’s Infernal Talisman)
- Ebony Stained Shirt
- Infernal Trousers
- Protégé’s Pants
Fighter Dreadnought Artifacts
- Envenomed Storyteller’s Journal
- Staff of Flowers (AoE)
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter (ST)
Choose secondary artifacts based on the stats you are lacking.
- Arcturia’s Music Box
- Trobriands Ring
- Staff of Flowers
- Halaster’s Blast Scepter
- Shard of Orcus’ Wand
Fighter Dreadnought Enchantments
When getting enchantments, always get the ones with the stats you are lacking in with your gear, boons, etc in mind. For example, if you’ve capped Crit with your gear and boons, don’t get azure enchantments for your offense slots. If you still need to refine your enchantments, see our Refinement Guide for tips on how to farm refinement.
- One Tenebrous Enchantment
- Radiant Enchantments
- Radiant Enchantment
- Dark Enchantment
- Fey’s Blessing / Dragon’s Hoard / Quartermaster’s Enchantment
- Elven Battle Enchantment
- Barkshield Enchantment
- Shadowclad Enchantment
- Vorpal Enchantment (ST)
- Lightning (AoE)
- Various Marks from Stronghold Vendor
- Corrupt Black Ice / Lethal / Piercing
- Black / Red Dragon Glyph
Armor Reinforcement Kits
- Power Kit
Jewelry Reinforcement Kits
- Combat Advantage Jewel
Fighter Dreadnought Consumables & Buffs
Consider getting VIP for the Power of VIP HP buff if you aren’t already. Also always stand in campfires to get the +1 ability campfire buff.
Get one from each of the rows below:
- Empowered Chain of Scales (Best in Slot) > Adorable Pocket Pet > Tymora’s Lucky Coin
- Wild Storm Elixir > Elixir of Fate
- Squash Soup > Watermelon Sorbet
Fighter Dreadnought Companions
- Bulette Pup
- Deepcrow Hatchling
- Potent Precision
Below is a selection of viable companion powers.
- Tamed Velociraptor – 2000 Power per party member using it.
- Staldorf – 8000 Combat advantage
- Deepcrow Hatchling – 8000 Power
- Batiri – 4% Damage against bosses
- Minstrel – 4000 Power and 2000 Awareness
- Broom – 4% Critical Severity
- Ioun Stone of Allure – 2000 Power, 10% Incoming Healing
- Splinters – 4% Critical Severity and 2000 Critical Avoidance
- Green Slime – 8000 Defense
- Phase Spider – 2000 Critical strike and 4000 combat advantage
- Alpha Compy – 5% Power
- Owlbear Cub – 10% chance to hit for 50% of you Power
Double offense slotted “Of the Companion” gear
- Empowered Runestone
Fighter Dreadnought Mounts
When choosing a Legendary Mount for the Mount Powers, look for a mount that has both a useful equip and combat power.
What other mounts you use is not that important. What is important is to get the right insignia bonuses, and many different mounts can offer the various bonuses. To find out what mount has the bonus you want, check out our Insignia Bonus Guide.
All classes and specs should consider using Wanderer’s Fortune before you have refined all your gear and enchantments, for extra refinement every day.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
- Assassin’s Covenant
- Artificer’s Persuasion
- Gladiator’s Guile
- Cavalry’s Warning
Brutality / Dominance for Power, or alternatively any other with stats you need. You can also use Insignia’s to get your defensive stats to cap for survivability.
Fighter Dreadnought Mount Powers
Mount Equip Power:
5000 or 10000 Power
Mount Combat Power:
- Bat Swarm (Swarm) (Best in Slot)
- Tenser’s Transformation
If you have any questions or suggestions about our Neverwinter Fighter Dreadnought guide, please leave a comment below! More info about the Fighter class can be found at The Neverwinter Reddit. More builds and further info can also be found at MMOMinds.
For the latest Neverwinter news, go to the MMOCULT Neverwinter Hub.